WiFi for HTC10

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Just watched a positive review for HTC 10, the only two problems the reviewer didn't like are WiFi signal and no wireless charging. I have never used wireless charging before it wasn't a loss for me. But WiFi can be a problem.

Just wondering if WiFi problem is common for HTC 10 owners, and did HTC 10 fix it through recent updates?

Posted via Android Central App

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
A large number are reporting issues, including myself. And it has nothing to do with the network. My network is robust and built out by Google. I have demonstrable difference in the 10s WiFi vs older devices.

Scroll this forum, xda, and reddit for the large number of threads on the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
No. Scan beyond the first page and you'll see several with multiple pages. I'm also not doing your searching on xda or reddit either. I'm also not defining the term large number since you began with the undefined and unsubstantiated 'vast majority'.

Glad you're not having issues. But if it's getting mentioned in reviews and articles, and its being brought up over and over in forums its an issue and you shouldn't tell someone it isn't.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
No. Scan beyond the first page and you'll see several with multiple pages. I'm also not doing your searching on xda or reddit either. I'm also not defining the term large number since you began with the undefined and unsubstantiated 'vast majority'.

Glad you're not having issues. But if it's getting mentioned in reviews and articles, and its being brought up over and over in forums its an issue and you shouldn't tell someone it isn't.

I'm going to put it this way I have been part of it and your social for a very long time. I just searched through all the threats the one that I also commented on has been inactive for the last week and a half so like one of the posters above said if it was a truly widespread problem. That thread that has 30 replies in it. Would be very active. Again I have been an avid poster since the original Evo and trying to help people. But Jerry also mention that it could be your router not updated to work with the new devices. I know this because I have an ID I have a degree in it. So like Jerry has in the past try updating your router's firmware that may help I have mine I have not used it yet with my SIM card I am still using my M9. But I have tested the Wi-Fi it gets the same signal strength as my M9 does the same distance as my M9 goes. Though the link speed seems to be a little slower no I have not fully configured the phone with my Wi-Fi for yet so when I do I will report back.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Most Android OEMs use different skins but the core files are all the same, so if the Galaxy S7/S7 edge had problems and I think that some people are still having some issues with Wifi, then it's most likely most if not all other devices sharing same OS versions have the same problem, of course, if it's software related and not a problem of the wifi radio.

2 things that have been discussed about Wifi issues since last year with Lollipop has been to force the wifi connection to use 2.4ghz instead of the 5ghz (an easy fix on the HTC 10 as the wifi setting provides for this) and the latest wifi issues were around the IPv6 protocol, so for people with wifi issues it was recommended to force the router (if possible) to use IPv4 instead, some people can do this other can't due to the router settings or even the ISP provider not allowing it.

People with WIFI issues can try any or both of the above settings and see if in HTC's case is just like the other OEMs, I guess so. But one thing is for sure, there IS a WIFI issue, but it's not affecting everybody, that's why the IPv4 and 2.4ghz have been suggested and tested in many cases to fix the issue. It won't hurt to try them.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No WiFi issues here either. Connects both at home and my office without issues. Also connects to the few airports I have travelled to in the past few weeks, oh and the hotels Wi-Fi also. So absolutely no issues at all here. The phone connects and stays connected.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Initially my wifi seemed weaker and had less range. But its since improved and it appears to have the same range as my former M8. IE, I can be halfway down my street in my car and still connect to my wifi router.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
No wifi issues for me but in the Verizon update I got today it mentions "Wifi fixes" in the update log

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I had heard something about wifi being less than stellar on the 10. I got mine yesterday and yep, less than stellar no doubt. I made an adjustment I'm trying that is giving me better signal so far. I went into wifi advanced settings and checked my wifi frequency band from the router and it is 2.4GHz. My 10's wifi setting was on auto. I changed it to 2.4 only and have so far noticed better signal. Would like to know if anyone else tried this and if it did any good for you. It runs mostly in the good range now while was mostly in poor range previously. Fingers crossed it sticks and not some anomaly.

TP222

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
FWIW, I had heard something about wifi being less than stellar on the 10. I got mine yesterday and yep, less than stellar no doubt. I made an adjustment I'm trying that is giving me better signal so far. I went into wifi advanced settings and checked my wifi frequency band from the router and it is 2.4GHz. My 10's wifi setting was on auto. I changed it to 2.4 only and have so far noticed better signal. Would like to know if anyone else tried this and if it did any good for you. It runs mostly in the good range now while was mostly in poor range previously. Fingers crossed it sticks and not some anomaly.

Question.. Why did you choose 2.4, rather than 5?

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Just replaced a boot looped G4 with a new HTC 10 and am finding better cell and Wi-Fi reception on the new HTC 10. FWIW..

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I cannot keep a signal for more than 5 minutes on 5ghz. 2.4ghz works fantastically, though.

Still valid with most recent update.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Another observation I had about the wifi signal. I had wifi calling enabled even tho I don't really need it at home. So I turned it off and now my wifi signal is stronger and more steady as well, not jumping around so much. easy enough to turn back on if need be.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Another observation I had about the wifi signal. I had wifi calling enabled even tho I don't really need it at home. So I turned it off and now my wifi signal is stronger and more steady as well, not jumping around so much. easy enough to turn back on if need be.
Thanks. I don't have wifi calling in my carrier so that's not an issue

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95