M10 Bluetooth Streaming Audio Stutter

triple_link

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I recently purchased a HTC M10 to replace my AT&T bloatware loaded M8 and found a problem while testing the phone before switching everything to the new M10. When streaming music (Spotify, TuneIn Radio) with the M10 over WiFi to a Bluetooth gateway connected to a stereo, the audio stream will stutter if I multitask on the phone. For example if I pull up Google maps and get directions for a trip or go into the settings to look at the battery history, the audio stream will stutter. I never noticed this on the M8 and have duplicated the same tests with the M8 and have not had any stuttering. I did a live chat with HTC and they suggested a factory reset to see if that would solve the problem. It did not.

The M10 has all of the applications up to date and the software is:

Android 6.0.1
Software number: 1.53.617.5

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if this is a bad phone that needs replaced or if this is a problem others have seen. Searching did not show anyone else with the problem so I am hoping I just have a bad one. If not this is a deal breaker for me and I will need to find another phone.

Thanks

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean the audio just cuts out occasionally? I've always had that when connecting phones to my car bluetooth for audio. I read once where you can try and turn off wi-fi while streaming over bluetooth to help, but I don't really think that does anything.

redat0m9

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I am having this same problem. I just noticed it recently, and my bluetooth signal is much weaker than last couple of phones as well.

Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I was using the M10 with some older LG Tone Pro bluetooth headphones. There was some audio stutter, but it also happened with my M9, so it may be the LG's. When I stream to my Amazon Alexa over bluetooth the only stutters I have are because of bad signal.

triple_link

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I need to try with another gateway and see if it is just a compatibility issue with an older gateway. If it still has issues I will be sending it back.

triple_link

May 27, 2016
Visit site
It may be a gateway issue. Tested it with a Yamaha gateway and did not notice the problem. Still seems strange that the M8 does not have this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz