Axon 7 vs HTC 10

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Anyone see Axon 7 as a direct alternative to HTC 10?

Personally I am skeptical about Axon's software and ability to deliver updates timely, but the dual front facing speaker and layout seems to be better than HTC 10 layout.

Posted via Android Central App

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
HTC 10 has far superior audio. The speaker on the HTC is good and when you plug headphones in, it's incredible. I would be cautious about updates on the Axon as well. HTC 10 is a great phone with excellent software.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Personally I am skeptical about Axon's software and ability to deliver updates timely, but the dual front facing speaker and layout seems to be better than HTC 10 layout.

Looks a lot like the HTC 10 spec wise... Might be a good phone, especially for the money. Having front facing speakers and different layout though, doesn't make it better than the HTC 10.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

From the hands on videos I've seen the axon 7 has much better sound than the htc. Possibly the best sound on a smartphone. As far as updates the axon pro was updated to marshmallow in February. Not the fastest but faster than other manufacturers.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Htc is most likely more refined and might get more timely updates. Hardware spec wise though it is a good bang for the buck

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
They're going to be pretty close. HTC has an advantage in that it's offered by carriers, but other than that they're both audiophile oriented and geared toward people who prefer a stock-like Android experience over the heavy skins the Koreans and other Chinese makers use.

Screen size will be a differentiator, though 5.2 and 5.5 aren't a huge difference it's at least noticeable. Dual SIM capability will also be notable, AFAIK that's a first for a US compatible/destined device.

HTC is going to have to drop it's price to compete I think. $600 versus $450 for a very similar device just isn't going to hold up in the unlocked/direct market.

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
From the hands on videos I've seen the axon 7 has much better sound than the htc. Possibly the best sound on a smartphone. As far as updates the axon pro was updated to marshmallow in February. Not the fastest but faster than other manufacturers.

I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me or not but, HTC's unibody full metal silver design seems to be more refined than the Axon 's gold metal unibody design. It could be that I am just not a gold guy.

The software concerns are similar. There is no reason to believe ZTE will do a poorer job then HTC in software, but ZTE is less proven then HTC. It's easier to accept a friend into your space than a total stranger.

But, Axon 's price does make an appealing case. If the full reviews videos are positive after the first waves of hands on videos, it's going to make a difference.

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
If the full reviews videos are positive after the first waves of hands on videos, it's going to make a difference.

It doesn't seem to have a 2nd wave of review videos... those reviewers aren't impressed to bother to make a full review video?

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't seem to have a 2nd wave of review videos... those reviewers aren't impressed to bother to make a full review video?

They didn't have final software, and the actual western site date is TBD. So it makes sense not to yet. Plus there may be an embargo on anyway.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This is ZTE's first venture into flagship smartphones. They really hit it off well. Their dolby sound is nice and those front facing speakers without the gigantic chin of the HTC One M9 really are something good. However, I would be cautious with newer companies to see how fast they can get updates out.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'll keep buying HTC until the wheels fall off. No one gets hardware and services right like they do. The phones always have a sore point for someone( what phone manufacturer has the total package? :rhetorical question: because there isn't one) what HTC has to offer is the best hardware, in my opinion, along with outstanding services like uh-oh protection and update reliability. So I will never hold my breath on hopes that another OEM can match them step for step. It won't happen. Good luck to anyone that has been with HTC for awhile and stepped into the realm of another OEM. The only one that comes close would be a Nexus 6P. And the build quality of that thing is atrocious. My thoughts on these comparisons💩💩💩

From me to you by the Power Cosmic

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'll keep buying HTC until the wheels fall off. No one gets hardware and services right like they do. The phones always have a sore point for someone( what phone manufacturer has the total package? :rhetorical question: because there isn't one) what HTC has to offer is the best hardware, in my opinion, along with outstanding services like uh-oh protection and update reliability. So I will never hold my breath on hopes that another OEM can match them step for step. It won't happen. Good luck to anyone that has been with HTC for awhile and stepped into the realm of another OEM. The only one that comes close would be a Nexus 6P. And the build quality of that thing is atrocious. My thoughts on these comparisons??????????????????

I agree with HTC til the end really. They would have to release several bad phones in a row to chase me away, which they honestly havent released an actual BAD phone in many years. Sure the M9 was simply a M8 very slightly tweaked, but it was still based on one of the best phones Ive had in years. I love the HTC hardware and software. The main thing that really pushes me to love HTC is the fact that they have quality audio solutions in place in pretty much every phone, be it headphones or speakers or both.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with HTC til the end really. They would have to release several bad phones in a row to chase me away, which they honestly havent released an actual BAD phone in many years. Sure the M9 was simply a M8 very slightly tweaked, but it was still based on one of the best phones Ive had in years. I love the HTC hardware and software. The main thing that really pushes me to love HTC is the fact that they have quality audio solutions in place in pretty much every phone, be it headphones or speakers or both.

M9 was a bad phone and the M8 was slightly above average but still had a bad camera. Coming from a previous M7 user.

Posted via my Black S7 Edge

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
M9 was a bad phone and the M8 was slightly above average but still had a bad camera. Coming from a previous M7 user.

If you liked the M7 you would have loved the 10. I went from M7 -> S6 Edge -> 10 and the 10 has quickly become my favorite phone ever.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Agree to disagree. M8 was amazing. M9 wasnt any better or worse, it just moved sideways instead of forwards. I wouldnt even call my old Rezound bad. Takes a whole lot for any phone to be "bad" imo

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I've owned every One. None of them were bad. Maybe just not as good as the competition. HTC has always hit the mark with me. Other than the camera. And yeah, the M9 screen wasn't great either. They still offer more than the competition, as I stated above, with a combination of hardware and services. Nobody beats. My opinion.

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Axon 7 is starting to roll out globally now... would HTC drop the price for HTC 10 in July?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Axon 7 is starting to roll out globally now... would HTC drop the price for HTC 10 in July?

My guess the only way HTC would drop the price on the M10 is if Samsung and Apple dropped theirs....

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I own the HTC 10, and i was very curious about the Axon 7 DAC.
"it has dual independent Hi-Fi audio chips, the AKM AK4961 and AKM AK4490, both recording and listening to audio on the Axon 7 is an excellent experience"
Pocketnow are saying that the Axon 7 audio is better than the V10 or the HTC 10. :-(

In this video it's being said that "buying a device that contain those chips would cost more than 3000$" > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnz6pnFcHWg