VoLTE setting question...

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey! I ordered a new device to replace my first one, and for some reason, my new device does not have the Enhanced Call Service > Voice over LTE setting? I kind of remember reading about some people who were missing this feature as well and was wondering what you did to add it? I was on the phone with AT&T for an hour trying to explain how I had two of the same phone with me, yet one had the setting and one did not. They tried everything and couldn't get the new one to work... resending the signal, making sure there was no APN override, my account was provisioned, etc. I popped the sim into my old phone, and everything still works with VoLTE. AT&T tried to tell me it was an HTC issue, but all of software is up to date.

Any ideas?

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Under call settings, with the unlocked version, at the bottom is enhanced call service, Voice Over LTE where you can check it.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Under call settings, with the unlocked version, at the bottom is enhanced call service, Voice Over LTE where you can check it.

Exactly, but for some reason on my newer HTC 10, that setting is missing!? It's on the first phone I received, but not the second.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Try a hard reset.

I was actually looking through the HTC 10 and AT&T thread, and it does look like people did that to get it to work. I've never done a hard reset before. How exactly do you do it? Is it like a factory reset where it will erase everything on the phone?

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I was actually looking through the HTC 10 and AT&T thread, and it does look like people did that to get it to work. I've never done a hard reset before. How exactly do you do it? Is it like a factory reset where it will erase everything on the phone?

That would be it.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Yes, if you're game for a factory reset, that's what you're looking for. Be sure to wipe the cache partition as well.