Lag/Slowness on my HTC 10

alec222

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I have been using my HTC 10 about a week now and have noticed a sort of "slowness" on the phone since day one. The phone seems to have a hard time loading and switching between your more power intensive apps such as Facebook, Messenger, Snapchat, etc. On numerous occasions, the phone has locked up on me and I have had to force close these apps. I have also noticed a bit of a slowdown in the keyboard as well. It seems like all of the issues are intensified with a marginal wifi or 4G connection.

The HTC 10 hasn't felt as "snappy" as I expected. So far the phone really does not feel much faster than my previous M8 and I seem to be having "Force Close" issues with the 10. This is very disappointing, especially after dishing out $600+ for this new device.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with this phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A weak internet connection can cause the phone to slow down...

With regards to slowness, it can sometimes be attributed to one or two misbehaving apps. If this is a recent occurrence, I would try to uninstall any recent apps and app updates. Otherwise you can try to backup any important data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my HTC 10 about a week now and have noticed a sort of "slowness" on the phone since day one. The phone seems to have a hard time loading and switching between your more power intensive apps such as Facebook, Messenger, Snapchat, etc. On numerous occasions, the phone has locked up on me and I have had to force close these apps. I have also noticed a bit of a slowdown in the keyboard as well. It seems like all of the issues are intensified with a marginal wifi or 4G connection.

The HTC 10 hasn't felt as "snappy" as I expected. So far the phone really does not feel much faster than my previous M8 and I seem to be having "Force Close" issues with the 10. This is very disappointing, especially after dishing out $600+ for this new device.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with this phone?

Something is not right. I've got an M8 and, while it's fast, going back to it after a month with the 10 was like walking through sand. The 10 is faster than anything else I've tried, including other flagships. As has been mentioned, you might have an ill behaved app. I think more likely though, you might just need a reset. There might be a glitch in the main software causing slowing. The force close thing (if it's happening on multiple apps) makes me think the software glitch is even more likely. If you can't trace it to one app, I'd do a reset.

Last edited:

alec222

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Did a wipe...

Oddly enough, it looks like it could have been my SD Card causing a slowdown. Originally I had it formatted as Internal Memory, this time around it would not let me format it and claimed it was too slow.

This could have been the issue? I am also going through the process of manually reinstalling my apps.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Did a wipe...

Oddly enough, it looks like it could have been my SD Card causing a slowdown. Originally I had it formatted as Internal Memory, this time around it would not let me format it and claimed it was too slow.

This could have been the issue? I am also going through the process of manually reinstalling my apps.
Through away that card.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
you need the fastest SD card with read speeds of 95mbs and write speeds of 90 Mbs that's what I have and I have no issues with my card being formatted as internal.

Posted via the Android Central App

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
you need the fastest SD card with read speeds of 95mbs and write speeds of 90 Mbs that's what I have and I have no issues with my card being formatted as internal.

Posted via the Android Central App

I agree, my old 32G card made the phone crawl. I bought a real fast one too and Ive had no issue. Heads up if you do go high speed. it probably wont work in your card reader etc even though the specs say yes. Plug the phone into the computer to copy to the card. I went through two cards before I figured this out. FYI I have as external storage.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, not entirely sure what the deal is. It is not an off-brand, it is one of those Sandisk High Speed cards. Maybe I got a dud?

Yea, there's your problem. Regarding the card itself, there are a TON of fakes out there. I even have one I got off ebay that looks almost exactly like the real deal. If it's older then it's just not fast enough to work as internal. If it's a newer one and you got it form someplace like Amazon or Ebay, it could very well be a fake.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I believe I have one of the faster cards but since I installed it as expandable storage I don't believe I have a way of testing it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12