Why is Verizon so slow with updates?

GNS1310

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked phones have had multiple updates. Sprints rolling out updates.
Big red is behind? Just kind of shocking to me.
Stuck on 1.19.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
1.19 seems to be a Verizion version of the 1.53 update I believe it was. And to be fair, they released the update long before that sprint update. They have been one of the fastest at putting out updates lately on most phones.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
They internally test updates and have to verify every update still meets certification standards.

So does Sprint. So does AT&T. So does TMo. That being said, for the OP, Verizon actually rolled out the most recent update first among the U.S. carriers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So does Sprint. So does AT&T. So does TMo. That being said, for the OP, Verizon actually rolled out the most recent update first among the U.S. carriers.

Posted via the Android Central App

But... There will always be someone in last right? Sometimes Verizon is first... Other times not so much.

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
VZW is slow. The current version has the March security update which means they are way behind. Even though the update came first it was probably way older than the 1.5x update.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
VZW is slow. The current version has the March security update which means they are way behind. Even though the update came first it was probably way older than the 1.5x update.

Weird, my patch notes were identical to Sprints. Guess its some "way older" camera enhancement that HTC just decided to skip with Verizon version...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress