Just my opinion on the HTC 10, FWIW

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I have had HTC phones for years, ever since my last two Blackberry 9700's died at six months each (Keyboard on both, and both in Otterbox cases). I went and got an HTC One VX, and never looked back. I keep my phones in either Otterbox, UAG, or now Unicorn Beetle cases. Probably my favorite of the phones was my M7. It was, as far as I was concerned the perfect phone. It worked, it was the perfect size for me, and it had lots of storage. I had the M8, but it never really felt as good as the M7.

The M8 was a good phone, but it had issues with Google Play Services eating the battery. Also it just never felt "right" compared to my M7. I don't comment on the camera since I seldom use the camera. Loved HTC Sense on both phones, first thing I did is do away with Blinkfeed. I was less enamored of the AT&T crapware on the M8. But the M8 was a good, solid phone that gave me good service for two years.

Then I got the M10. It has for the most part brought back the love I felt for the M7. With little crapware on board (just Fakebook, and some other stuff I never use), there is no bloat. The camera is ok, but again I don't use it much. Battery life is awesome! The phone feels good in my hand, it is responsive, and I have no real complaints other than minor nit picks which everyone has with a phone. Sound is good, reception is good, and it does everything I want. I miss some of the older HTC apps look and feel, but hey, we have to move on.

So in closing, I really like the phone, and no real substantive complaints about the M10. I know, I know its the 10, not the M10, but to me it will always be the M10. So, as long as HTC keeps making phones that are great, I will keep buying them. I can't address the M9 since I did not have one.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
It is a nice phone. Coming from the S7 Edge I really miss the bright screen (but not the curves) and the amazing battery life which gave 6 hours SOT.

I had a bit of remorse but the 10 is growing on me. The build is good (so was the S7), the stock like interface is nice, sound quality is good and the camera is OK in most situations. The fingerprint sensor is also excellent, perhaps the best out there at the moment and way better than the S7.

On crazy thing I noticed today is that I couldn't see the screen when wearing Polarized sunglasses, it works in landscape though - this is backwards to every phone I've ever used ever!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It is a nice phone. Coming from the S7 Edge I really miss the bright screen (but not the curves) and the amazing battery life which gave 6 hours SOT.

I had a bit of remorse but the 10 is growing on me. The build is good (so was the S7), the stock like interface is nice, sound quality is good and the camera is OK in most situations. The fingerprint sensor is also excellent, perhaps the best out there at the moment and way better than the S7.

On crazy thing I noticed today is that I couldn't see the screen when wearing Polarized sunglasses, it works in landscape though - this is backwards to every phone I've ever used ever!

Some screen protectors can help out with the polarization issue so you can see it while in portrait with polarized sun glasses on.

Posted via the Android Central App

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had HTC phones for years, ever since my last two Blackberry 9700's died at six months each (Keyboard on both, and both in Otterbox cases). I went and got an HTC One VX, and never looked back. I keep my phones in either Otterbox, UAG, or now Unicorn Beetle cases. Probably my favorite of the phones was my M7. It was, as far as I was concerned the perfect phone. It worked, it was the perfect size for me, and it had lots of storage. I had the M8, but it never really felt as good as the M7.

The M8 was a good phone, but it had issues with Google Play Services eating the battery. Also it just never felt "right" compared to my M7. I don't comment on the camera since I seldom use the camera. Loved HTC Sense on both phones, first thing I did is do away with Blinkfeed. I was less enamored of the AT&T crapware on the M8. But the M8 was a good, solid phone that gave me good service for two years.

Then I got the M10. It has for the most part brought back the love I felt for the M7. With little crapware on board (just Fakebook, and some other stuff I never use), there is no bloat. The camera is ok, but again I don't use it much. Battery life is awesome! The phone feels good in my hand, it is responsive, and I have no real complaints other than minor nit picks which everyone has with a phone. Sound is good, reception is good, and it does everything I want. I miss some of the older HTC apps look and feel, but hey, we have to move on.

So in closing, I really like the phone, and no real substantive complaints about the M10. I know, I know its the 10, not the M10, but to me it will always be the M10. So, as long as HTC keeps making phones that are great, I will keep buying them. I can't address the M9 since I did not have one.

I totally agree. The M7 was the perfect size for me too. I loved everything about it. I was happy when the M9 replaced the M8 because, just like you, it didn't feel right. I'd rank them as 10, M7, M9, M8.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree with you on the ranking. The M8 just never felt "right" in my hand, even with a UAG case. Only minor annoyances with the M10.

I totally agree. The M7 was the perfect size for me too. I loved everything about it. I was happy when the M9 replaced the M8 because, just like you, it didn't feel right. I'd rank them as 10, M7, M9, M8.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It's good to see that people are really loving this phone. I'm currently torn. I kept telling myself that if it went on sale again, I would get one, and of course now it's $100 off and I can't pull the trigger. Reading these threads makes me feel a lot better about it, though. So I think I'll just have to jump in. I'll be coming from a 6s Plus that I've been using since December, so this will be a big change.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
It's good to see that people are really loving this phone. I'm currently torn. I kept telling myself that if it went on sale again, I would get one, and of course now it's $100 off and I can't pull the trigger. Reading these threads makes me feel a lot better about it, though. So I think I'll just have to jump in. I'll be coming from a 6s Plus that I've been using since December, so this will be a big change.

It's a big change that comes with little caveats. This is the first device in years I see myself holding onto for an extended period of time.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
It's a big change that comes with little caveats. This is the first device in years I see myself holding onto for an extended period of time.

Doubt it. Once the next major flagship or nexus comes out you will jump ship. The 10 is not good enough to ignore everything else that is coming.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Doubt it. Once the next major flagship or nexus comes out you will jump ship. The 10 is not good enough to ignore everything else that is coming.

I'm happy with the HTC 10 and even I already placed a pre-order for the ZTE Axon 7 that finally opened for pre-orders yesterday. For $399 (and a free Monster N-Pulse DJ headphones if pre-order with newegg ZTE AXON 7 64GB 4G LTE Quartz Gray Unlocked Smartphone 5.5" 4GB RAM - Newegg.com) I have what it seems to be one of the biggest surprise of the year. It even includes the Passport 2.0 program with 2 Full years of protection even from Water damage, I've been reading and reading and watching reviews for months now and I couldn't passed on it.

Sadly, once I get my Axon 7 my HTC 10 will be flashed back with t-Mobile's firmware (I actually have the Unlocked US on it) and will S-On and Lock bootloader back and will go back to T-Mobile and will may also get the Note 7 with the jump On Demand program.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Same thing im doing, except I preordered the gold axon 7 from amazon since it will most likely arrive on release day. I will then take my LG g5 back to tmobile and jump to the note 7.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Well, that's great of you to share your opinion. I for one will ensure what I say stays fact. Nice try though😂

scuz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
What is coming? Daydream? What else?

Other than the usual expectation of every new phone to be slightly better, is there something big around the corner which I am missing?
There are some people who change phones every few months.. but those who want to say on a phone for 18-24 months, the 10 looks perfectly capable of lasting that long without feeling dated.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
FWIW this phone has grown on me. After the S7 Edge I'm now used to the screen which was a hard transition because the S7 Edge was so colourful (some may say over saturated). The screen is also sharp and clear. Again, in sunlight it could be better.

I like the feeling and size and the battery seems to have picked up after the first few days. It will never give 6 hours SOT like the Edge but thankfully it has raised itself above Nexus 5x levels of poor battery.

The phone also whizzes as it should (the all do don't they?), sound quality is good and HTC's Sense skin is OK with GNL for me.

Cosmetically, I also think my white/silver version looks really nice after having a lot of black phones.

The camera is still behind Samsung's - it's OK for general shots but I find that it blurs more easily and taking close ups (for eBay items for example) gives poor results .

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I wish that I could download some of the old Sense 6 skins for the icons. Other than that, this phone rocks. I'd like a Blackberry 9900 size/feel phone as a secondary/backup running Android.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

I'm also an S7 Edge user. I decided to try out the HTC 10 for the far superior audio, and the quicker UI. The polarized sunglasses issue is a deal breaker for me. I use Waze every day for navigation in my commute. I can't see it without tilting my head or switching the horizontal mode. The camera is also no where near as good for someone who just wants the camera to work in auto mode quickly. But the 10's audio is much better than the S7s, it's fingerprint reader much quicker, and overall I feel like it's quicker and can handle more items in memory. I prefer the S7s screen, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good the HTC screen looks other than the polarized sunglasses issue and perhaps the brightness or lack thereof outdoors in bright sunlight.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I finally decided to give the HTC 10 a try, coming from the S7 Edge. I have Tmobile jump on demand and had 2 upgrades left before next April, so I had one to waste. I will either be getting the Note 7 or iPhone 7 in Aug/Sept, which will hold me over until my upgrades start over in April... In regards to build and UI, the 10 blows the S7E out of the water, IMO. The screen isn't as good as Samsung's, but it's definitely good enough to not be a deal breaker. The camera is really the only thing holding me back from sticking with HTC. But overall, I really do like the phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci