Dead pixel

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a HTC 10 yesterday and so far it's awesome. Unfortunately I noticed a dead pixel this morning. I can remember at least 2 other HTC phones that I've had that had dead pixels. It seems like a pretty common thing with HTC. I looked through a few pages and didn't see a thread for dead pixel so if there is one I'm sorry.

I'm not looking for opinions of if I should RMA or not (though I'll gladly accept them). My question is how common is it really? If I do decide to RMA I don't want to have the same issue or worse. Right now it's not impacting me so much as the principal of paying $650+ for something is "imperfect" day 1

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
True. I'm just a bit concerned that about taking it back and having a more apparent issue. It is literally a single pixel that is dead.

Just super frustrating with how much it costs.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Kind of hard finding a dead pixel on a phone with a resolution of 2560x1440. What were you using, a microscope?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Was on a blank white page and notices a Speck. Tried to wipe it off and it wouldn't go away.

I've been trying one of the apps to no avail. Will keep at it

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend buying another and returning that one. If you send it in for exchange, you might not get a new one back (unless you use your UH OH protection). It took me 3 returns and repurchases to finally get a "perfect" one.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
After discussing with a few people I decided to let it go. It isn't noticeable unless I'm looking for it. Verizon has never been willing to exchange for anything less than my phobe bricking and I don't feel like arguing with them. And I could get something that actually impacts functionality

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
After discussing with a few people I decided to let it go. It isn't noticeable unless I'm looking for it. Verizon has never been willing to exchange for anything less than my phobe bricking and I don't feel like arguing with them. And I could get something that actually impacts functionality
Looking at your post history seems that you're very active phone guy and I'm pretty sure that the 10 won't be your last phone, so just live with it into the next big thing comes and move right along.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

You're lucky. My OCD would make me zero in on that thing every time I looked at my phone! Hahaha.