Latest HTC 10 camera comparison test results

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I think hell may have frozen over as the HTC 10 ranked 1st in a camera comparison test against iPhone 6s Plus, Galaxy S7, G5, Xperia X Performance, and One Plus 3. Although it is the writer's subjective opinion, the sample shots seem to support their conclusion.

Best phone cameras compared: OnePlus 3 vs iPhone, Galaxy S7, Xperia X Performance, HTC 10, LG G5

Of course the comments section is a riot, with the usual fanboys crying foul when their beloved brand doesn't come in 1st place. All in all, it's good to see HTC committed to improving the smartphone camera experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I'd be very surprised. I'm no photographer but I can't as a rule get quite as good results with the 10 as I did with the S7 Edge.

Don't get me wrong, it's generally good but not quite there for me.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I think hell may have frozen over as the HTC 10 ranked 1st in a camera comparison test against iPhone 6s Plus, Galaxy S7, G5, Xperia X Performance, and One Plus 3. Although it is the writer's subjective opinion, the sample shots seem to support their conclusion.

Best phone cameras compared: OnePlus 3 vs iPhone, Galaxy S7, Xperia X Performance, HTC 10, LG G5

Of course the comments section is a riot, with the usual fanboys crying foul when their beloved brand doesn't come in 1st place. All in all, it's good to see HTC committed to improving the smartphone camera experience.

Fanboy support gets kinda annoying sometimes. Apple fans are the worst though.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I take great pictures with my 10 but i've seen great pictures from every phone nowadays...I still don't see why phone cameras are as big of a topic as they are, seeing how all phones pic look almost exactly the same

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been able to get great pics from both the 10 and the S7e. I still feel like HTC does a better processing job. Like in the article, S7e has the over contrasted and sharpened photos. While the 10 is softer around the edges of the frame.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I really love how the 10 makes pics eye-catching and ready for social media. In comparisons, some others are more accurate but when I'm shooting w/ a phone, I'm obviously not expecting to create historical archives. I want pleasant photos that pop on facebook and when I send them to friends.

scuz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I really love how the 10 makes pics eye-catching and ready for social media. In comparisons, some others are more accurate but when I'm shooting w/ a phone, I'm obviously not expecting to create historical archives. I want pleasant photos that pop on facebook and when I send them to friends.

Really? I was under the impression that it was the opposite.
I thought the Samsung phones saturate it and give photos a "pop" making it look pleasing but are not accurate... whereas the 10 stays closer to the truer colors and looks a little dull in comparison.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Really? I was under the impression that it was the opposite.
I thought the Samsung phones saturate it and give photos a "pop" making it look pleasing but are not accurate... whereas the 10 stays closer to the truer colors and looks a little dull in comparison.

The Sammy has looked darker and dingier in the majority of comparisons I've seen. The 10 does an exposure trick that sort of evens everything out, making the even the shadows look revealing and everything brighter without looking bleached. Color-wise, it varies but the 10 seems to have more saturation in bright light and the S7 more in dim, but I haven't seen anything consistent.

Both are shockingly close compared to previous gens. I don't think anyone has much bragging rights over the other, though the 10 works better for what I do and I don't have to pump up the exposure or saturation in every photo after it's taken. Plus, I dislike the sharpening the S7 does. I'd rather do they on my own when needed.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Gah, fanboys crying in the comments section always drive me nuts.

What we should be happy with is that after 3 rather mediocre cameras, HTC has finally put out a competitive one that's worthy of any flagship.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think I take great pictures with my 10 but i've seen great pictures from every phone nowadays...I still don't see why phone cameras are as big of a topic as they are, seeing how all phones pic look almost exactly the same

I've watched so many videos on this phone, the S7, iPhone, etc., and I still can't tell which phone is the best. They're all about even. Even when someone points out an issue with each one, I still can't really tell. Which is good, when we have to get that nitpicky to even notice anything. It's a good time for smartphone cameras.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski