Can I Install the oficial HTC 10 Unlocked ROM on my Carrier HTC 10?

antonioj1015

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I live in Colombia and bought from my carrier (Claro) an HTC 10 but it has the carrier logo and some carrier apps, here all phones sold by carriers must be unlocked to work on the other carriers, so it's basicly an HTC 10 Unlocked but the android has been modified to include Carrier logo and apps. Can I install on my phone the official unlocked ROM?

This is the oficial ROM on HTC's site: HTC 10 - Updates & downloads - Support | HTC United States

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I live in Colombia and bought from my carrier (Claro) an HTC 10 but it has the carrier logo and some carrier apps, here all phones sold by carriers must be unlocked to work on the other carriers, so it's basicly an HTC 10 Unlocked but the android has been modified to include Carrier logo and apps. Can I install on my phone the official unlocked ROM?

This is the oficial ROM on HTC's site: HTC 10 - Updates & downloads - Support | HTC United States

I'm not an expert but you may be able to do so if you don't mind voiding your warranty. Also keep in mind that the link that you have is for software specifically for unlocked HTC 10s in the US. With you being in Colombia it may not work properly. You may have to look for the software that's designed for your country. Maybe the international variant is what you need. I wouldn't want you to use the wrong software and mess things up beyond repair.

Posted via the Android Central App

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Couldn't you save yourself the hassle and just disable the carrier apps and create a new theme? :) I'd also check out this site too. They have tons of information on rooting, flashing, etc.

HTC 10

Josh Clark3

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
@antonioj1015 you can SuperCID, and change the MID to US unlocked (or whatever the version it is you are looking to install). This will allow you to use an official RUU for whatever ROM you are toying with. I am on sprint, HTC10, and have S-Off'd, Unlocked (through HTCDEV), and then changed to SuperCID (11111111) and then changed my MID to match the RUU (US developer) and successfully went to US Open (developer edition) which is totally bare ROM/OS from HTC. I am able to use the Sprint mobile network for all normal processes on the developer edition, then to test I went back to Sprint Official. The process fully works but you need to be careful and have the corrected basebands for Sprint to be able to revert back to Sprint official.

Last edited:

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Just unlock the bootloader via htcdev.com install twrp(at last check not working with nougat). I would recommend going s-off, that would allow you to flash the international firmware which would clear anything put on by claro. If you have updated to nougat. You are out of luck at the moment. A few key programs don't work yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12