I have both HTC 10 and Nexus 6p but...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not disputing the fan fare for any OEM, but it's rare that you see HTC fans posting in every single Nexus or Sammy forum post. Only Sammy fans post in every forum post whether it's about Sammy or not. And, when I say ”post,” it's almost always to say how Sammy is better than all of the others in some form or fashion. And, here we are with the most current version of the Sammy being the s7 and you can't actually defend the lagginess reputation for one single model prior to the newest one. IMHO that's not much to brag about, considering how smooth HTC, Nexus, and iPhones have been for several years. And, I'd say, give that S7 a couple more months before you really start backing up how lag free it is. Just sayin! The fact that Sammy has that ongoing reputation is the exact reason why I would never buy one for myself. And, I generally hate that when iPhone users decide to switch to Android, that most of them choose Sammy. They almost always go back after the lag fest, which is particularly unbearable if you're coming from an iPhone. I have not met a single Sammy owner outside of the Note series owners who wasn't turned off by Samsung lag. Admittedly, I haven't spoken to many with the S7.

Posted via the Android Central App

That is just due to sheer numbers. HTC is way less popular than a Nexus or a Samsung phone so naturally .. you will see more of them. I am not particular to one brand but I also don't dismiss people who like a certain brand (like Samsung) since it IS a popular choice (even if you disagree with their choice). Just like I could say your hate for Samsung leads you to believe it is a fact the newer Samsung phones will be like the old. If people did that to HTC or something like that I could see you disagreeing... See how easy that is to flip? ;).

I finally sold my S7 Edge in anticipation for the Note 7 but I am using an AT&T Note 5 on T-Mobile and it still feels snappy. I haven't run into a huge "lag" issue with it. If anything I ran more into AT&T's stupid bloat ware than anything.

I post around everywhere -- Liking a brand / not liking a brand does not limit me within the forums.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
That is just due to sheer numbers. HTC is way less popular than a Nexus or a Samsung phone so naturally .. you will see more of them. I am not particular to one brand but I also don't dismiss people who like a certain brand (like Samsung) since it IS a popular choice (even if you disagree with their choice). Just like I could say your hate for Samsung leads you to believe it is a fact the newer Samsung phones will be like the old. If people did that to HTC or something like that I could see you disagreeing... See how easy that is to flip? ;).

I finally sold my S7 Edge in anticipation for the Note 7 but I am using an AT&T Note 5 on T-Mobile and it still feels snappy. I haven't run into a huge "lag" issue with it. If anything I ran more into AT&T's stupid bloat ware than anything.

I post around everywhere -- Liking a brand / not liking a brand does not limit me within the forums.

My comment is more about Sammy owners turning every single forum post into Sammy chat. It's kind of annoying. They're even in iPhone blogs. I get that Sammy is popular, but why do Sammy fans feel compelled to flip every forum post into Sammy chat. It's just annoying. Apple sells way more iPhones than does Sammy and you really don't see them posting everywhere like Sammy fans do. I bet if we started a chat about lag free Nexus phones, Sammy fans would infiltrate and take over even though they know their phones are laggy beasts. LMAO! I'm BSing... Kinda! But you know what I'm saying has a lot of truth right?

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My comment is more about Sammy owners turning every single forum post into Sammy chat. It's kind of annoying. They're even in iPhone blogs. I get that Sammy is popular, but why do Sammy fans feel compelled to flip every forum post into Sammy chat. It's just annoying. Apple sells way more iPhones than does Sammy and you really don't see them posting everywhere like Sammy fans do. I bet if we started a chat about lag free Nexus phones, Sammy fans would infiltrate and take over even though they know their phones are laggy beasts. LMAO! I'm BSing... Kinda! But you know what I'm saying has a lot of truth right?

BTW, I did draw an exception for the note series. I recognize that the Notes do not have the lag reputation of the S series.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

You're basically saying there are people who troll media blogs which is definitely a true statement. I see all kinds from iPhones, Samsungs, etc. As I said before .. I think you're preconceived notion on how Samsung phones work and stuff cause you to notice it more and ignore the other stuff since you don't care / hate it as much as you apparently do Samsung ;).

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't care what you post anywhere in any mobile site, there will always be a Sammy fan pronouncing the greatness of Samsung. And, TBH, the Sammy software is garbage after about 4 or 5 months of use. They've built a reputation for laggy and bloated software that they will never live down. I Tried buying my son a galaxy s5 and it's a useless laggy piece of garbage. And, I don't think the s6 is much better. One thing I can say about HTC is that it'll never be laggy and bloated. And, maybe you wanna keep quiet about the camera too, it's not that good....

https://youtu.be/moBYbigQzPw
https://youtu.be/Tggvqj0t0O8

The S7e is the smoothest phone I've ever owned. My HTC One M7 became laggy garbage and had terrible battery life after Lollipop. And yes I did factory reset it. For you to say that HTC phones will "never lag" is a ridiculous claim within itself. Also same goes for iPhones. They actually do start to lag after a period of time and updates as well. Using a 5S on the latest software shows lag.

Posted via my Black S7 Edge

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
If you are claiming the S7 Edge is laggy, you have either never used one or you had a defective unit. My UK Xynos version was flawless. The HTC 10 matches it mind, as it should with the 820, so I'm not turning this into an argument about performance.

I do like my HTC 10 somewhat and I'm trying to like it more but some days it just isn't quute there for me. Battery life can be great or can be poor, there doesn't seem much reason to it, no rogue apps etc. The camera for me is poor in certain situations and I can believe the Nexus 6P is better (I had a 5x) and the S7 Edge certainly was, for me anyway.

I think the main issue with the HTC 10 is that it doesn't shine at anything. It's basically a phone which is average/good at most things and never the best - but with a premium price.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
You're basically saying there are people who troll media blogs which is definitely a true statement. I see all kinds from iPhones, Samsungs, etc. As I said before .. I think you're preconceived notion on how Samsung phones work and stuff cause you to notice it more and ignore the other stuff since you don't care / hate it as much as you apparently do Samsung ;).

He's right though. Only the Samsung fanboys come to other threads and tout their greatness. It gets old. Sure Samsung is in great numbers. Sure it makes a mediocre phone. Just like Pokemon go, some people wish it wasn't touted in EVERY EFFING HTC POST MADE ON THIS FORUM. To you, Samsung is dreams in candy land. To me, it's cows milk in a bowl of horse [removed]. It's like Donald Trump's toupee. It only looks good for the camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Look for me in the s7 forums. I'm going to post my review(since I own an S7e that I received from work)! Let's see how much hate I get.

Last edited:

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
He's right though. Only the Samsung fanboys come to other threads and tout their greatness. It gets old. Sure Samsung is in great numbers. Sure it makes a mediocre phone. Just like Pokemon go, some people wish it wasn't touted in EVERY EFFING HTC POST MADE ON THIS FORUM. To you, Samsung is dreams in candy land. To me, it's cows milk in a bowl of horse sh!t. It's like Donald Trump's toupee. It only looks good for the camera.

It's hard to argue that the S7e isn't one of if not the best device on the market.. Your name says it all...

Posted via my Black S7 Edge

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
He's right though. Only the Samsung fanboys come to other threads and tout their greatness. It gets old. Sure Samsung is in great numbers. Sure it makes a mediocre phone. Just like Pokemon go, some people wish it wasn't touted in EVERY EFFING HTC POST MADE ON THIS FORUM. To you, Samsung is dreams in candy land. To me, it's cows milk in a bowl of horse [removed]. It's like Donald Trump's toupee. It only looks good for the camera.

I never said it's like candy land lol. I just said they make good phones. They had issues in the past (who hasn't?) but they have fixed a lot of them. To just make claims on a phone that he admits to not trying like they're fact is a little much.. Wouldn't you tell someone the same for HTC? ;).

I've tried a lot of manufacturers with Android. I'm not particularly or fully loyal to one brand.. I go with the phone I like and that fits my needs. Nothing wrong with anyone doing that. Also trust me.. Various device users visit all areas of the forum.. I see it all the time ;).

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
lol @ this turning from a nexus 6p/HTC discussion to a samsung discussion

but anyway I somewhat agree with the person that stated how ppl online try to act if their samsung phone is so great but don't realize maybe they are just having a great experience not everyone else...i've been to the samsung forum on here before and seen ppl complaining about many things from the front facing camera being blurry to the speakers sounding below average to the easy cracking of the phone bc it's made of glass...I don't understand why ppl just don't find which phone works best FOR THEM and forget what everyone else says about a certain phone...of course I would recommend the 10 bc I have had an awesome experience with everything on it and so I would expect everyone to do the same with whatever phone they use. Ppl for some reason get butt hurt if u don't have as good as an experience with a phone as they have and they need to just get over it

*steps off of soapbox* lol

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

but anyway I somewhat agree with the person that stated how ppl online try to act if their samsung phone is so great but don't realize maybe they are just having a great experience not everyone else...i've been to the samsung forum on here before and seen ppl complaining about many things from the front facing camera being blurry to the speakers sounding below average to the easy cracking of the phone bc it's made of glass...I don't understand why ppl just don't find which phone works best FOR THEM and forget what everyone else says about a certain phone...of course I would recommend the 10 bc I have had an awesome experience with everything on it and so I would expect everyone to do the same with whatever phone they use. Ppl for some reason get butt hurt if u don't have as good as an experience with a phone as they have and they need to just get over it

I was about to say the same thing. They do this every single year. One thing I'll add though is if the OP is able to pull the EXIF data for pictures taken with both the Nexus 6p and HTC 10 for comparison. I'm curious as to how both devices calculate certain parameters for the given exposure. Also, I'd like to see the metering method used by both. I am very disappointed that HTC took out the ability to change the metering dynamically by changing the focal point location.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I was about to say the same thing. They do this every single year. One thing I'll add though is if the OP is able to pull the EXIF data for pictures taken with both the Nexus 6p and HTC 10 for comparison. I'm curious as to how both devices calculate certain parameters for the given exposure. Also, I'd like to see the metering method used by both. I am very disappointed that HTC took out the ability to change the metering dynamically by changing the focal point location.

I would be happy to pull that data, but I've already deleted the pics. However, you can give me some guidelines that you'd like to see compared and I'll do my best to show you.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the reinforcement. I really don't think that Sammy fans realize that they almost always flood every site with testimonials as to how great their phones are, and they almost always say, ”i get that people say these phones have lag or whatever, but this really is the best one ever!“ LMAO! They've been saying that with every new iteration of the S series phones since i can remember. Then after some time and pointed reviews pass, they admit that, ”oh, that GS? whatever really was kinda crappy.” All I'm really saying is do you have to give ”Sammy is the best“ testimonials on every single post in every single forum? Can't you just read and respond without saying how great your Sammy is? Do you have to turn every forum post into a Sammy forum post?

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a nexus 6p and love it. Its been great probably the best phone I've had
But the camera sucks i don't use it at all, i carry a lumia 950 for that 😁

Last edited:

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Every manufacturer has its own set of fanboys. Some are more annoying than others.

Fanboys are one thing, but there are certain ones devoted to a particular manufacturer who are intentionally destructive and disruptive to every forum and comments section on the internet. Every single year, the HTC forum for the latest flagship release falls victim to their antics. No other group of fanboys do such things aside from them.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I have a nexus 6p and love it. Its been great probably the best phone I've had
But the camera sucks i don't use it at all, i carry a lumia 950 for that 😁

I'm surprised the camera sucks? Can you tell us a bit more? When I had the 5x my main issue was camera speed (app opening and capture time) but pictures were good. Is the HTC 10 better all round?

I have to admit that I still struggle with getting lighting right with the 10. If I am in a room or area with quite a lot of light and shade I struggle to get detail in the shaded areas without over exposing the light...