Can't send photos

ianson36

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
So I've got a question for you guys. When in my gallery and I select a couple of photos then press share them go via SMS app ( stock HTC messaging app) it wants me to create a link rather than attaching the dam photos to a message.. If I'm in the messaging app and continually click the attach button and say from gallery it happily does what I want... How do u fix this annoying crap! I just want to send a few photos from my gallery pleeeease

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an HTC device in years, but I can offer this: You cannot attach files to a "true" SMS ("Short Message Service") message, only MMS ("Multimedia Messaging Service"). An SMS message is limited to 160, text only, characters. See MMS vs SMS - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

I suggest that you try another choice from the Share menu. Perhaps Messenger or something like that; just not SMS.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey newbie yea I understand that. On every other device is simply converts them into mms this doesn't seem to be doing that

Mine works and converts fine. Is your 10 an unlocked from HTC. Look into your carriers apn setup and make sure your apn settings are matching your carrier spec.

Posted via the Android Central App

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, mine works fine as well. Maybe the size has something to do with it? I think most carriers have a limit of 1MB for MMS. Maybe try scaling it down? Also, are you trying to send multiple photos at once? Try sending them one at a time.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking it was bc u are using the default app but I just did it and it converted it to a mms when I did a single photo but when I did multiple it created a link to an album so i'm thinking it's bc u are sending multiple pics at 1 time that it creates a link instead of just downloading them