Favorite thing about the 10.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
This is my first HTC phone and after a solid amount of time using this phone. I can say that it is in fact my favorite device I have ever owned.

I have no one favorite thing about this phone. The whole experience with this phone is my favorite part.

Posted via the Android Central App

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Headphone audio is my favorite but I love the device overall. I really doubt I'll upgrade for another couple years. I find myself rarely getting frustrated with this device. It's so reliable and competent. Camera is superb. Screen never bugs my eyes. Really love it.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My favorite thing about the phone is the audio experience. No other phone comes close from my experience when using headphones.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Audio, software, design, OIS in front camera and build quality are my favorites. If it were waterproof it would be the ultimate. Still my favorite thus far.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Audio, software, design, OIS in front camera and build quality are my favorites. If it were waterproof it would be the ultimate. Still my favorite thus far.

This about sums it up. Id add camera in general as its a solid camera for sure. By far my favorite is audio quality. My M8 sounds good with headphones, but this is even better.

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Longtime Apple user and recently got into quality headphones and archiving thousands of CDs to FLAC. Also replacing iTunes MP3s with lossless FLAC copies. Got the 10 yesterday after reading a lot about it and growing more and more tired of Apple's limitations. I am blown away by the audio capability of the phone and the profiles I can create for different headphones. I've never seen such a robust feature baked into a phone's OS. Love that I can easily organize and play FLAC files now on my phone, and drag + drop what I wish onto the micro SD. FLAC files sound incredible on this phone. Very impressed so far with the phone overall.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Love: Fast fingerprint ID, speed of OS, audio performance, battery longevity (with some careful management), looks

Don't like: Headset and USB port are on opposite sides of the body, speaker sound (compared to the older M8), one handed management is more difficult than the M8 (wider?), capacitive buttons on phone (but turning the light on all the time when phone is not asleep has helped).

R

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
audio.... and to be honest... the battery.... i dont really do much to manage it much either... but im probably not a "hard use" person

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I quite enjoy the phone as a whole. The aux out audio is good (have to disable Boomsound enhancements for a better sound balance) and the battery life has been very good for me (3+ days at a charge). The screen is quality and the touch interface is the best I have used to date. I also appreciate the design and the craftsmanship. I haven't used the camera much, so I can't really speak to that.

I don't much care for the UI (former WinPhone user) as I found live tiles to be vastly superior to widgets in terms of information at-a-glance. I am also none too impressed with the lack of support from HTC/VZW for updates. If I had the opportunity to switch carriers and pick up an unlocked 10, I would seriously consider buying it again.

~Ex

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I quite enjoy the phone as a whole. The aux out audio is good (have to disable Boomsound enhancements for a better sound balance) and the battery life has been very good for me (3+ days at a charge). The screen is quality and the touch interface is the best I have used to date. I also appreciate the design and the craftsmanship. I haven't used the camera much, so I can't really speak to that.

I don't much care for the UI (former WinPhone user) as I found live tiles to be vastly superior to widgets in terms of information at-a-glance. I am also none too impressed with the lack of support from HTC/VZW for updates. If I had the opportunity to switch carriers and pick up an unlocked 10, I would seriously consider buying it again.

~Ex

Nothing compares to live tiles on Windows Mobile. I'm still secretly hoping that they pull their **** together and get developers on board for already the key most popular apps. That's the only way people will ever switch to that os.

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Nothing compares to live tiles on Windows Mobile. I'm still secretly hoping that they pull their **** together and get developers on board for already the key most popular apps. That's the only way people will ever switch to that os.

I might consider going back if the Surface Phone ends up being good. And knowing the Surface team, it WILL be good. Aside from a handful of apps, I wouldn't miss much going back. I would certainly enjoy the benefits of having MS rolling out all OS updates, bypassing carriers. Good for security/privacy buffs like me.

~Ex

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Longtime Apple user and recently got into quality headphones and archiving thousands of CDs to FLAC. Also replacing iTunes MP3s with lossless FLAC copies. Got the 10 yesterday after reading a lot about it and growing more and more tired of Apple's limitations. I am blown away by the audio capability of the phone and the profiles I can create for different headphones. I've never seen such a robust feature baked into a phone's OS. Love that I can easily organize and play FLAC files now on my phone, and drag + drop what I wish onto the micro SD. FLAC files sound incredible on this phone. Very impressed so far with the phone overall.

Glad that you like the phone and that it has that kind of calibre for music! :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's great that you like the 10! It sounds like an overall wonderful experience! :)

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Have the m8 and love it but would like to know what are the main advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to the HTC 10 from someone who did just that.
Cheers

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Have the m8 and love it but would like to know what are the main advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to the HTC 10 from someone who did just that.
Cheers

Camera and screen. Not to mention the beauty of the device itself, as compared to well, every other flagship out there. Nothing else will compare.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Camera and screen. Not to mention the beauty of the device itself, as compared to well, every other flagship out there. Nothing else will compare.
Thanks. Did you upgrade directly from the m8? I know what you are going to respond but I have to ask since I continue do debate about this: was it worth it? ;)
Cheers