08-21-2016 09:12 AM
32 12
tools
    This is my first HTC phone and after a solid amount of time using this phone. I can say that it is in fact my favorite device I have ever owned.

I have no one favorite thing about this phone. The whole experience with this phone is my favorite part.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Morty2264, libra89 and jimbo1mcm like this.
    07-24-2016 11:57 PM
    Headphone audio is my favorite but I love the device overall. I really doubt I'll upgrade for another couple years. I find myself rarely getting frustrated with this device. It's so reliable and competent. Camera is superb. Screen never bugs my eyes. Really love it.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-25-2016 12:42 AM
    Software. Nothing like near-stock Android running buttery smooth

LindtChocolate likes this.
    07-25-2016 01:06 AM
    The fact that I can't narrow my favorite to a single item speaks well for this phone.
    McDoogie and libra89 like this.
    07-25-2016 05:49 AM
    My favorite thing about the phone is the audio experience. No other phone comes close from my experience when using headphones.

07-25-2016 07:36 AM
    Audio, software, design, OIS in front camera and build quality are my favorites. If it were waterproof it would be the ultimate. Still my favorite thus far.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-25-2016 01:54 PM
    Audio, software, design, OIS in front camera and build quality are my favorites. If it were waterproof it would be the ultimate. Still my favorite thus far.
    This about sums it up. Id add camera in general as its a solid camera for sure. By far my favorite is audio quality. My M8 sounds good with headphones, but this is even better.
    07-25-2016 10:41 PM
    Longtime Apple user and recently got into quality headphones and archiving thousands of CDs to FLAC. Also replacing iTunes MP3s with lossless FLAC copies. Got the 10 yesterday after reading a lot about it and growing more and more tired of Apple's limitations. I am blown away by the audio capability of the phone and the profiles I can create for different headphones. I've never seen such a robust feature baked into a phone's OS. Love that I can easily organize and play FLAC files now on my phone, and drag + drop what I wish onto the micro SD. FLAC files sound incredible on this phone. Very impressed so far with the phone overall.
    07-26-2016 02:13 PM
    Love: Fast fingerprint ID, speed of OS, audio performance, battery longevity (with some careful management), looks

Don't like: Headset and USB port are on opposite sides of the body, speaker sound (compared to the older M8), one handed management is more difficult than the M8 (wider?), capacitive buttons on phone (but turning the light on all the time when phone is not asleep has helped).

R
    07-28-2016 12:25 PM
    audio.... and to be honest... the battery.... i dont really do much to manage it much either... but im probably not a "hard use" person
    07-28-2016 01:23 PM
    The low latency on the screen. Allows you to just VERY lightly touch or drag items.
    07-29-2016 04:22 AM
    I quite enjoy the phone as a whole. The aux out audio is good (have to disable Boomsound enhancements for a better sound balance) and the battery life has been very good for me (3+ days at a charge). The screen is quality and the touch interface is the best I have used to date. I also appreciate the design and the craftsmanship. I haven't used the camera much, so I can't really speak to that.

I don't much care for the UI (former WinPhone user) as I found live tiles to be vastly superior to widgets in terms of information at-a-glance. I am also none too impressed with the lack of support from HTC/VZW for updates. If I had the opportunity to switch carriers and pick up an unlocked 10, I would seriously consider buying it again.

~Ex
    08-03-2016 09:13 AM
    I quite enjoy the phone as a whole. The aux out audio is good (have to disable Boomsound enhancements for a better sound balance) and the battery life has been very good for me (3+ days at a charge). The screen is quality and the touch interface is the best I have used to date. I also appreciate the design and the craftsmanship. I haven't used the camera much, so I can't really speak to that.

I don't much care for the UI (former WinPhone user) as I found live tiles to be vastly superior to widgets in terms of information at-a-glance. I am also none too impressed with the lack of support from HTC/VZW for updates. If I had the opportunity to switch carriers and pick up an unlocked 10, I would seriously consider buying it again.

~Ex
    Nothing compares to live tiles on Windows Mobile. I'm still secretly hoping that they pull their **** together and get developers on board for already the key most popular apps. That's the only way people will ever switch to that os.

08-06-2016 08:26 PM
    Nothing compares to live tiles on Windows Mobile. I'm still secretly hoping that they pull their **** together and get developers on board for already the key most popular apps. That's the only way people will ever switch to that os.
    I might consider going back if the Surface Phone ends up being good. And knowing the Surface team, it WILL be good. Aside from a handful of apps, I wouldn't miss much going back. I would certainly enjoy the benefits of having MS rolling out all OS updates, bypassing carriers. Good for security/privacy buffs like me.

~Ex
    08-08-2016 01:13 PM
    Longtime Apple user and recently got into quality headphones and archiving thousands of CDs to FLAC. Also replacing iTunes MP3s with lossless FLAC copies. Got the 10 yesterday after reading a lot about it and growing more and more tired of Apple's limitations. I am blown away by the audio capability of the phone and the profiles I can create for different headphones. I've never seen such a robust feature baked into a phone's OS. Love that I can easily organize and play FLAC files now on my phone, and drag + drop what I wish onto the micro SD. FLAC files sound incredible on this phone. Very impressed so far with the phone overall.
    Glad that you like the phone and that it has that kind of calibre for music!

08-09-2016 09:42 PM
    That's great that you like the 10! It sounds like an overall wonderful experience!

08-09-2016 09:42 PM
    Have the m8 and love it but would like to know what are the main advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to the HTC 10 from someone who did just that.
    Cheers
    08-13-2016 02:33 AM
    I like the Ice View clock.
    08-18-2016 11:57 PM
    Have the m8 and love it but would like to know what are the main advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to the HTC 10 from someone who did just that.
    Cheers
    Camera and screen. Not to mention the beauty of the device itself, as compared to well, every other flagship out there. Nothing else will compare.
    08-19-2016 03:26 AM
    Camera and screen. Not to mention the beauty of the device itself, as compared to well, every other flagship out there. Nothing else will compare.
    Thanks. Did you upgrade directly from the m8? I know what you are going to respond but I have to ask since I continue do debate about this: was it worth it?
    Cheers
    08-19-2016 04:50 AM
    I didn't come directly from an M8 but had one back when it was released. I find the 10 to be a nice upgrade. I was concerned about the sound, but have been pleasantly surprised, while not as loud it seems more clear and rich. Also thinking the extra RAM is helping with the quickness of the entire experience. Glad I got it. There is a $100 reduction in price and some new colors released to the U.S. I read just today. Not sure about Verizon 10's tho regarding the colors.
    badelhas likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:52 PM
    I didn't come directly from an M8 but had one back when it was released. I find the 10 to be a nice upgrade. I was concerned about the sound, but have been pleasantly surprised, while not as loud it seems more clear and rich. Also thinking the extra RAM is helping with the quickness of the entire experience. Glad I got it. There is a $100 reduction in price and some new colors released to the U.S. I read just today. Not sure about Verizon 10's tho regarding the colors.
    Thanks for the tip
    08-19-2016 12:52 PM
    I am on the third day with my HTC 10 and so far I am loving it. The design and the premium components used is my favorite feature.
    The Boomsound speakers are very good too.
    The only thing that is not so good is the location of the capacitive buttons. I would prefer them a bit higher.
    08-20-2016 03:26 AM
    I am on the third day with my HTC 10 and so far I am loving it. The design and the premium components used is my favorite feature.
    The Boomsound speakers are very good too.
    The only thing that is not so good is the location of the capacitive buttons. I would prefer them a bit higher.
    Which smartphone did you came from?

Cheers
    08-20-2016 06:00 AM
    Which smartphone did you came from?

Cheers
    Nexus 6P and before that iPhone 6S Plus.
    badelhas likes this.
    08-20-2016 06:48 AM
32 12