Signal strength

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
How does the 10 perform signal strength wise? I'm curious as the next Nexus phones should share the same radio set up as the 10 I would assume. I've been disappointed with my Nexus 6p as compared to my previous Moto XPE and Moto X 2013. Can anyone compare to one of the recent Motorola devices?
Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
How does the 10 perform signal strength wise? I'm curious as the next Nexus phones should share the same radio set up as the 10 I would assume. I've been disappointed with my Nexus 6p as compared to my previous Moto XPE and Moto X 2013. Can anyone compare to one of the recent Motorola devices?
Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Motorola has always been known to have great radios, HTC is usually a little less than moto. Huawei being a relatively newcomer in the US market, they really haven't been known for strong radios. The nexus should have better reception than the 6p.

Nancy Will

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I can't compare it to Moto but it's definitely lacking as compared to the M9. I had good signal at my house with the 9 but the 10, pfft. I had to get a signal booster in order to use the phone as a phone from home. Disappointing to say the least. I hope they do better with the upcoming Nexus releases.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's site says the 10 has wifi calling. Is this not working somehow? My 10 is enroute so can't try it out yet. On my Galaxy S6 once wifi calling became available my cell standby dropped from highs in the upper 30% range to 2% at most. Big difference in battery life there.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Cell seems good. Wifi is weak.
Out of all the devices in the house and including past phones and tabs the 10 doesn't pick up WiFi in our bedroom which is furthest from the router. While signal is weak there, I've never had a device not work pretty well here.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Cell seems good. Wifi is weak.
Out of all the devices in the house and including past phones and tabs the 10 doesn't pick up WiFi in our bedroom which is furthest from the router. While signal is weak there, I've never had a device not work pretty well here.

Damn, I hope this isn't across the board with these 10's. Between signal strength and wifi strength I'm becoming a tad concerned. Didn't see this mentioned much before I ordered. Gotta a decent swappa deal but now wondering why the guy sold it. Maybe partly the reason^^^^^

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Definite drop in signal quality from XPE to 10. Can't tell the difference in good signal areas but in marginal areas my 10 will drop it's connection in places where my MXPE can still make calls.