Status/notification bar doesn't work with Sense 8 launcher

schuby2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I just got an HTC 10 and the status/notification bar doesn't work with Sense 8 launcher. If I rotate the screen, then I can swipe down and see the notifications. I went back to the Verizon store and they changed me to the Apex launcher, which isn't as nice.

Is this a software bug that anyone else has experienced?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm astonished that the Verizon rep didn't think it was odd that you couldn't swipe down the notification panel. Installing a different launcher to solve the problem is like turning up the radio in a car in response to that strange knocking sound coming from the engine.:p

You're saying that when it's in portrait orientation, nothing swipes down, but in landscape it does? Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? Restart in Safe Mode - HTC 10 | Verizon Wireless

schuby2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, in portrait orientation and with Sense as the app launcher, nothing swipes down. I just tried it in Safe Mode and the result was the same.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got an HTC 10 and the status/notification bar doesn't work with Sense 8 launcher. If I rotate the screen, then I can swipe down and see the notifications. I went back to the Verizon store and they changed me to the Apex launcher, which isn't as nice.

Is this a software bug that anyone else has experienced?

Did you happen to install the new HTC service pack?

Posted via the Android Central App

schuby2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I did get a system update. Here are my software versions:

Android version: 6.0.1
Software number: 1.19.605.22
Build number: 1.19.605.22.8.0_g CL749324 release-keys

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I did get a system update. Here are my software versions:

Android version: 6.0.1
Software number: 1.19.605.22
Build number: 1.19.605.22.8.0_g CL749324 release-keys

I am talking about the HTC service pack from the play store. If so uninstall it and see what happens.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the HTC service pack and restarted the phone: no change.

OK try this. Turn phone off. Press and hold volume down and power button. After menu comes up move to reboot to bootloader using volume down and select it with power button. When next menu comes up move to reboot to recovery and select it. You should see a phone with red triangle in it after a few seconds. Just let it stay on that screen until the phone reboots by itself. See if that fixes the problem.

schuby2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
OK try this. Turn phone off. Press and hold volume down and power button. After menu comes up move to reboot to bootloader using volume down and select it with power button. When next menu comes up move to reboot to recovery and select it. You should see a phone with red triangle in it after a few seconds. Just let it stay on that screen until the phone reboots by itself. See if that fixes the problem.

I did this when chatting the HTC support. The problem still persisted. They said that I would have to send the phone in for repair.

I went back to the Verizon Wireless store, again, and got a different HTC 10: it works just fine now.

Thank you all for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non