Android 7 and the M10: When?

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I predict it will be much sooner than later, I will say first week of October at the latest, but I am optimistic about some time in September. This is for the unlocked versions.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I am really not that upset about the 15 day thing, since that was for security patches, not O/S replacements. But I would like to see it this year.

chin chen

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Dont know, still think nothing new on the Q4 2016 status. I personally think it will roll out end of November - start of December, just a guess.

jens Van Keer

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
First update wil be the 7.0 then sometime later there wil be the 7,1 update

Llabtoofer said it on twitter

Attachments

• 32781.jpg
    32781.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 89

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I am waiting, not patiently, but waiting for 7.0.

I'd be really surprised if it comes out this year. I remember the delay for Marshmallow on my M8.
I'm not waiting 7.0, it will most likely have bugs just like lollipop 5.0.1 and Marshmallow 6.0 (see Android permissions resetting)...

I wish HTC would actually give up on updating as quick as possible and wait until the os settles to a stable version (7.1?).

But from HTCs view point providing updates as quick as possible is probably viewed as a good businesses strategy even if means rushed updates. If they update to 7.1 later then I'll probably consider it once the dust settles and there aren't any major problems..

I still remember how lollipop 5.0.1 messed up my HTC M8 for a whole year, with the memory leaks! And whilst Marshmallow is good enough I think that kitkat was the best optimized OS for the M8.