Lockscreen on HTC10

Shadai

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to android but I've been picking it up pretty quickly.

I came over from Windows Phone (which I loved, would go back to in a second if Microsoft would get off their *** and put out a Surface Phone on Verizon) because I was tired of Verizon and waiting for Microsoft to release a new phone.

Anyway.

I've been playing a lot with my HTC 10 but I have a question I'm hoping you can all help me with. I've replaced some of the stock apps (like Textra for messaging) but the dialer, contacts and lockscreen.

My issue on the lockscreen is the complete inability to customize the icons at the bottom by the "unlock" button. It shows (from left to right) phone, messages, the lock, chrome, camera.

I'm good with camera, chrome and phone, but the messages is still the old stock messages app and not my new Textra app. I can't seem to find any where in the settings of where to change this. Does anyone know? Or am I searching for something that doesn't exist?

If I can't change it I'm wondering if I should install a new lockscreen, but the reviews on some of them are scary. Also, I really like the fact my HTC fingerprint scanner works so well. I hate to flip to a lockscreen that either a) unnecessarily drains my battery or b) can't use the fingerprint scanner. If the above settings for changing the stock screen don't exist, is there a good lockscreen replacement app that works well with HTC's fingerprint scanner that anyone has experience with and/or uses?

As a bonus question, what dialer/contacts app is good? The one thing I really miss about Windows Phone is the EXCELLENT people app which puts everything I've seen in android to shame with its one touch jumplist.

Thank you for your time in replies.

IchBinSkyr

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
What launcher are you using? Or theme? If you are using the default theme if you replace the four icons around your app drawer, this will change the icons on your lock screen. Then you can swap back to the launcher / theme of your choice.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to android but I've been picking it up pretty quickly.

I came over from Windows Phone (which I loved, would go back to in a second if Microsoft would get off their *** and put out a Surface Phone on Verizon) because I was tired of Verizon and waiting for Microsoft to release a new phone.

Anyway.

I've been playing a lot with my HTC 10 but I have a question I'm hoping you can all help me with. I've replaced some of the stock apps (like Textra for messaging) but the dialer, contacts and lockscreen.

My issue on the lockscreen is the complete inability to customize the icons at the bottom by the "unlock" button. It shows (from left to right) phone, messages, the lock, chrome, camera.

I'm good with camera, chrome and phone, but the messages is still the old stock messages app and not my new Textra app. I can't seem to find any where in the settings of where to change this. Does anyone know? Or am I searching for something that doesn't exist?

If I can't change it I'm wondering if I should install a new lockscreen, but the reviews on some of them are scary. Also, I really like the fact my HTC fingerprint scanner works so well. I hate to flip to a lockscreen that either a) unnecessarily drains my battery or b) can't use the fingerprint scanner. If the above settings for changing the stock screen don't exist, is there a good lockscreen replacement app that works well with HTC's fingerprint scanner that anyone has experience with and/or uses?

As a bonus question, what dialer/contacts app is good? The one thing I really miss about Windows Phone is the EXCELLENT people app which puts everything I've seen in android to shame with its one touch jumplist.

Thank you for your time in replies.

Did you try removing the default messaging icon from the bottom of your home screen and replacing the icon with the Textra icon?

Edit: press and hold the icon to the top of the screen where the remove word is at and let go of the screen. After that go to the app drawer where Textra is at. Press and hold on Textra and put that icon in the place the default messaging app is at and you will be good to go.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... The icons on the lock screen are gonna be whatever the icons are on your homescreen so u just have to change it to whatever you choose... In this case textra instead of the messaging app

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Did you try removing the default messaging icon from the bottom of your home screen and replacing the icon with the Textra icon?

I have the same issue and I still have the standard messaging icon despite the fact my home screen bottom icon is the Textra icon. Any other suggestions?

Shadai

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes, you guys are geniuses.

I had installed Action Launcher 3 for the app jumplist I was missing from Windows Phone and installed Textra after. So I never removed the old messenger icon from the Sense UI. So I loaded Sense UI, removed the messenger, put Textra in that bar, then reloaded Action Launcher 3 as default again and bam, perfection.

+1 karma for all of you. Thank you.

Any suggestions on good dialer/contacts replacement?

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
So I never removed the old messenger icon from the Sense UI.

Ah ha! Either I missed it or it's not explicitly written before your post, but changing it on the Sense UI screen did the trick. I'd changed it on my Arrow launcher screen, but not the Sense UI screen. Problem solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay