Big Screen Protector

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I just bought the Ventek screen protector for my phone and I'm very disappointed. It leaves large areas on both sides unprotected and this gives the appearance of large lines on both sides of the phone. Does anyone know of a good hard protector ( not a liquid one) that covers the entire illuminated area of the phone?

Attachments

• 10559.jpg
    10559.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 36

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what defines "liquid" but the IQ Shield for the 10 couldn't be a more perfect fit. I've had it on for maybe 2 months and it's showing no signs of lifting and goes right to the edge. I think the glass ones have a hard time with the round edges so they cut them shorter.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Bowie:

How long did you let it dry before using it?
How slick is the surface?

Thanks!

I let YouTube play to help quicken the process and it was good to go in an hour. However, since I did it a little while before bed, I only used it a little bit that night and then a ton about 6 hours later when I got up.

Never ceases to amaze me how resistant to lifting it is, especially around the camera and speaker where your finger passes over to swipe down the notification bar.

Doesn't feel like anything. Has about the same "drag" as the bare glass did. Holds fingerprints just as much too, unfortunately. I usually hate anything on my screen but, having used my uh-oh already, I'm OK with this one for a while.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
That's easily a wrong screen protector. Try the Spigen Crystal Clear. They're amazing and fit perfectly.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
There's a lot of them out there with that same kind of fit. I did a ton of research before getting mine.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I always buy the cheapest ebay glass screen protector. They are practically the same, the rest you pay for marketing. Normally they cost between 1 and 2 bucks. Trust me, they're all the same.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I always buy the cheapest ebay glass screen protector. They are practically the same, the rest you pay for marketing. Normally they cost between 1 and 2 bucks. Trust me, they're all the same.
Except for the ones that don't fit, hence this thread...

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
i must have ordered 50 glass screen protectors from ebay, to my family and friends since I am a big advocater of them, since I once broke my screen, to at leasr 20 different smartphones. Only once it indeed didnt fit. But because they cost so little I just had to order another 2 (I order 2 in a row). Thats not enough reason to start spending 15 bucks on a branded one. My opinion, of course. I dont like getting robbed.

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site

This is the Ventek protector featured prominently in the AndroidCentral store. The packaging clearly states it's for the HTC 10.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Which ones did you order from eBay? Can you provide a picture of the protector fully covering the screen?
I don't have a HTC 10. I have a HTC one M8. But I ordered dozens of screen protectors to several smartphones (iphone 4, 5, 6, moto g 2013, moto g 2015, moto e 2015, ipad mini and iPad 4, alcatel idol 3, wiko Feel lite, Acer E700, etc, etc). Only once it was poorly made and didn't fit. But because it cost 90 cents it's no biggie. Just write "HTC 10 glass screen protector" on eBay. Buy the cheapest one you find, from a seller that has more than 98 per cent of feedback, preferably. Here's an example: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...435&mpre=http://www.ebay.com/itm/182139427792

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I've usually done the same and had the same results as you. That was why I was so surprised by the poor design on the Ventek protectors. If you read the comments on many of the HTC 10 protectors, you will see disappointed consumers like myself. Many of the manufacturers are having difficulties with curved screen edges and are avoiding lifting and haloing problems by trimming the protectors down. Unfortunately, this makes the protector too narrow to completely cover the screen.

The link you sent includes a disclaimer to that effect... see attached picture.
halo.jpg

P.S. I have bought protectors for many phones also including Iphone 5 and 6, HTC 8, LG G4, Nexus 7, many treos and handsprings, etc., etc., etc...

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
But to look for a screen with covers the curved part of the screen is utopia. It will never adhere properly and fully to the screen. It's asking for trouble since it will soon begin to peel off. My thoughts only, haven't tried it yet.