NFC does not work

shogiflex

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi all!
I just got my HTC 10 and my NFC does not seem to work!
I tried restarting the phone, restarting the NFC option and believe me when I say I tried EVERY spot of the phone... nothing worked (I'm trying to read a card if that matters).
I had HTC m8 before that and the NFC didn't work there as well! My husband has a LG G4 and there it works perfectly so it's not a card fault or anything like that.
I looked everywhere for a solution but I just can't seem to find one.
Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks!

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't have an answer but I will say that mine is not consistent. In fact, both of the 10's I have had will get my nfc speaker to connect (every time), but it only makes the speaker power on about 1 of every 4 times. Would love to know what the trick is, if anyone can help.

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Well maybe this explains why the few times I used android pay that I could not get it to connect. I gave up using it and turned NFC off. Also when NFC is on, I hear a constant thumping sound in one of the channels when using my Bose QC3 noise cancelling headphones.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an answer for you. I have not had an issue using NFC at all I have used nfc and I do not hear a thumping in any Chanel

shogiflex

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I dug through few forums and in some of them a few people said that it's one of two things:
1. It was a faulty phone so they went and replaced it and NFC worked flawlessly on the new one.
2. It's a software update thing - in 1.3 version NFC was not working properly and on 1.5 it did. Those threads are a few months old and go back to a few weeks after the release date so...

Maybe there is a way we can "report" HTC about this just for the chance that it's really a software update?

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I replaced my phone once already and the replacement had the same problem with NFC. At least the GPS issue was fixed in the replacement. I have tried NFC and Android pay with both phones and only once did I get it to trigger the terminal. I gave up since leaving NFC turned on causes some sort of interference in my Bose headphones. My M9 triggered the same terminals so it has to be something in the phone.

cdrw1024

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with an international HTC 10. The NFC doesn't work even after the 1.9 software update. Had the same problem with my Verizon HTC M8. I couldn't make my HTC 10 work even once with cards that are immediately recognized by other phones. :(

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know it's an older thread but my 10 NFC worked maybe once or twice. I could send one payment and transfer one photo when I selected android beam, and I can receive from another device.
I cannot read tags or send contacts, etc.
When I tap a tag, instead of the one loud beep to acknowledge it's working, I get multiple beeps in a row, almost as if sees the tag and then cancels the command right away.

HTC said it's a motherboard issue so my phone goes in for repairs.....