If you send your 10 in for repairs don't forget to remove the trays!

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My 10 died and I sent it to HTC for repair. I removed the sim and micro-sd cards but did not remove the trays as suggested. Guess what came back all fixed yesterday but with no trays? Really? Someone had to pull them out, they couldnt put them back? HTC was kind enough to send me complimentary trays which shipped today and should be here next week. Follow the directions I suppose :)

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Never heard this before. It is SOP for them to do this? If so it should be mentioned in the return procedure. Sounds like a good way to get dirt in there. maybe the repair guy just forgot to put them back in.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Never heard this before. It is SOP for them to do this? If so it should be mentioned in the return procedure. Sounds like a good way to get dirt in there. maybe the repair guy just forgot to put them back in.

It was in the procedures. Its my fault. I just think its crazy because who ever took them out knows I dont have any others. When my M7 was repaired it came back with the tray so I figured Id leave it.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got the trays from UPS today. Of course verizon only sold the silver so HTC sent me trays in black (even though I told them my 10 was silver!) Its never easy. Wont see in the case but still. I will see if they can exchange. UGH!

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
In fairness, they make it very clear to remove the trays when you send them back. Don't blame HTC. Though it may seem simple, repair center's aren't always just a guy at a desk. I do repairs on equipment and there are certain things I ask the client not to bring because it complicates my repair protocol. For HTC, they probably have a process that gets fudged up when trays are involved so they request you don't send them.

Last edited:

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
In fairness, they make it very clear to remove the trays when you send them back. Don't blame HTC. Though it may seem simple, repair center's aren't always just a guy at a desk. I do repairs on equipment and there are certain things I ask the client not to bring because it complicates my repair protocol. For HTC, they probably have a process that gets fudged up when trays are involved so they request you don't send them.

I agree, it said it plain and clear, I took the fault, just wanted to give a heads up to the rest!

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if you got your original device back. Probably a different device would be my guess.

It was my original, it had the serial number and IMIE sticker still on it. My 10 is Silver yet they sent me black trays. Oh well, better than no trays.