considering going htc 10

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm seriously considering making the switch to htc . My Samsung device is always having some kind of issue.. anyways I'm just wondering if anyone is using the htc 10 on att and if so how's it going. Do you have the hd calling and wifi calling or not? And how is the battery life compared to the s7 thanks a bunch!

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm always hesitant to give advice to someone coming from another flagship phone... It seems these days, people are never satisfied...

What kind of issue are you having with the s7?

The HTC 10 is a great phone... I have it on AT&T...

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I have an s7 edge.(my typo) I think the edge display gives me a headache for one. There a different appearance to it where it folds over and it messes with my eyes. I've had it for a few months now and I don't think I can keep the phone due to that. On the other hand for having a large battery it sure does t seem to have any better battery life then my wifes s7. And I run my phone very minimal. Screen protection cannot find anything that works with a case. Always afraid of dropping due to the edges I feel like the edge is so fragile. And.ofcourse TouchWiz has its quirks

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I see... Yea that curved screen looks like it would bother me too... I don't like feeling like I have something fragile... I don't like glass backs... Which is why I went with the 10...

Sometimes when watching TV, I get headaches and o figured out its because the relation of the light available in the room was too low in comparison to how bright my TV was set.... It was almost like staring into a flashlight... I've since turned down the brightness to match the low light levels, and TV watching isn't piercing my eyes anymore....

So maybe that's why your Samsung screen gives you headache.... It can go so bright... Which is nice, but not needed all the time.... My 10 gets bright enough.... 98% of the time, it's on less than half....

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have an s7 edge.(my typo) I think the edge display gives me a headache for one. There a different appearance to it where it folds over and it messes with my eyes. I've had it for a few months now and I don't think I can keep the phone due to that. On the other hand for having a large battery it sure does t seem to have any better battery life then my wifes s7. And I run my phone very minimal. Screen protection cannot find anything that works with a case. Always afraid of dropping due to the edges I feel like the edge is so fragile. And.ofcourse TouchWiz has its quirks

Over the past 3 weeks, I'd had nothing but trouble with my S7 Edge. Battery life was bad (Android System was much higher than screen time). No amount of tinkering, partition wipes, factory reboots, ROM flashes, app uninstalls or anything else worked. I think it was network based, as my carrier (in the UK) seemed to be pushing out very regular updates, and it did seem to coincide with the whole Note 7 recall thing. This could all be coincidental, but, either way, it wasn't what it should be.

Aside from that, I had some odd behaviour - whenever a call ended, it would take 5-10 seconds for the dialer app to go away. I was also getting a little frustrated with the random touches I'd inadvertently make on the edge screen. I will miss he incredible display, and the actual Edge features, which I used a lot.

Anyway, last Saturday I decided to get the HTC10, which was my other option when I got the S7 Edge back in March. Obviously I'm only a few days in, but it's snappier than the S7E ever was (benchmarks spenchmarks...), has an amazing build quality, a good screen (not as sharp as the AMOLED S7 but very good anyway), great software and very good battery life so far (marginally under what I USED to get on the Edge, but easily get 16hrs with 20% left and 3-4hrs SOT). If the Edge had never played-up, I doubt I would have switched, but I'm glad I did.

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering making the switch to htc . My Samsung device is always having some kind of issue.. anyways I'm just wondering if anyone is using the htc 10 on att and if so how's it going. Do you have the hd calling and wifi calling or not? And how is the battery life compared to the s7 thanks a bunch!

I can't speak to the AT&T usage questions, but I can say that as long as you're aware of the pros and cons for the 10 vs the S7e, you can make a fairly informed decision. This is the list I made for myself when I made my decision:

-The S7e screen is better (can't speak to the edge issues you're having, but the quality is better in general).
-The S7e WILL have better battery life.
-The 10 has USB 3.1 AND USB-C.
-The 10 supports the QuickCharge 3.0 standard.
-The S7e has Wireless charging (I miss this from my Lumia Icon).
-The 10 and S7e rear cameras are comparable: The S7e is faster, the 10 has better center detail, the S7e has better edge detail.
-The 10 probably has a better Front Camera. (I never use it.)
-The 10 has better audio capabilities (the reason I purchased it). The Speakers on the 10 are quite good.
-The S7e has more software features with Sammy's own software additions: I would like to have HTC Gallery and Music Player back.
-The S7e has better support through carriers and will receive software updates faster, though a non-carried 10 would be no slouch.
-The 10 is a bit smaller than the S7e, but has a smaller screen.
-The 10 has SIGNIFICANTLY less accessory support, so cases and screen protector choices will be greatly reduced.
-Both devices are fragile if dropped in the wrong way. At least the back of the 10 won't shatter.
-The 10 doesn't offer the same level of protection from the elements. Not a huge selling point for ME, but something to be aware of.

Good luck with your decision. It is a tough one, especially since you have already spent the $$$$ to buy one device.

~Ex

Last edited:

subraya

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
HTC is a great phone. Great build as always and the battery life also is good. The best thing I like about the HTC 10 is the Audio. It's just too awesome. The sound quality is incredible and if you use a good pair of headphones you're all set. There is no comparison to anything else. I have not tested the sound on V20 though.
The camera also is very good. Pictures in daylight are just too perfect and not to mention in low light. It's one of the best cameras out there. The screen also is improved and has more Saturation than any other previous HTC LCD screens.
I would say you go for it. Totally worth it. Can rock a Ice View cover case with it. Totally protects it.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site

I was in the same boat and recently switched from the S7 Edge to the HTC 10. Couldn't be happier. Battery life is at least equal and - if GSam stats are accurate - might actually be a bit better. My complaints with the S7 were: never liked the edged screen (useless gimmick); fingerprint button (the touchpad on the 10 is superior); settings were needlessly confusing; TouchWiz is still terrible.

The 10 does have both HD calling and wifi calling. The demerits against the 10 which I've found: screen and camera are not quite as good as the S7, but both are still very good; HTC didn't do a good job anticipating viewing angles with polarized sunglasses. If you're wearing some, the screen is very dark. Non-polarized glasses, no issue. I actually found a screen protector which improved the situation but just pulled it off once I got the Ice View case.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I would like to have HTC Gallery and Music Player back.

Agree 100%, mostly for the Gallery - there are plenty of decent music players out there but there's no reason why HTC shouldn't give us the option. I read somewhere that HTC would be releasing the Gallery app for the 10 but I've yet to see it (and I'd rather not sideload it).

Also agree with most of your pros and cons. Maybe it's because I've been using HTC phones for so long but I never warmed to the S7 Edge. Glad I switched back.

plkyduk

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I too really miss HTC Gallery and especially the Music Player. The music player had an option, I think it was called visualizer, and also showed lyrics for most music. It was just really cool to use. I was much more comfortable with Gallery than Google photos but do wish there had been more editing features in Gallery. Given the choice, I would still prefer to have both.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat and recently switched from the S7 Edge to the HTC 10. Couldn't be happier. Battery life is at least equal and - if GSam stats are accurate - might actually be a bit better. My complaints with the S7 were: never liked the edged screen (useless gimmick); fingerprint button (the touchpad on the 10 is superior); settings were needlessly confusing; TouchWiz is still terrible.

The 10 does have both HD calling and wifi calling. The demerits against the 10 which I've found: screen and camera are not quite as good as the S7, but both are still very good; HTC didn't do a good job anticipating viewing angles with polarized sunglasses. If you're wearing some, the screen is very dark. Non-polarized glasses, no issue. I actually found a screen protector which improved the situation but just pulled it off once I got the Ice View case.

Who is your carrier?

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm gonna sleep on it and decide tomorrow what to do. I may wait for there pixel announcement or just del with edge. It's paid in full so it's been hard considering another 600 bucks withdrawn from the account..

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm gonna sleep on it and decide tomorrow what to do. I may wait for there pixel announcement or just del with edge. It's paid in full so it's been hard considering another 600 bucks withdrawn from the account..
As another Packer Fan, living here in Packerland (Wi Dells) Go for it. You'll love it! Go Pack Go!

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site

For me I absolutely love my HTC 10. I don't plan on getting another phone for a while. The main reason I love this phone is HTC gives you the ability to unlock your bootloader with out automatically voiding your warranty. If you brick your device that how ever is not covered. I have been using custom Roms(leedroid and viper10). These developers literally blow anything touchwiz has out of the water as far as compatibility.

Light user and want killer battery. Leedroid has power profiles built in that allows you to adjust power consumption. Want to customize everything from the color of your clock and status bar icons. Down to a custom boot screen. Viper10 is the way to go. Check out xda-developers.com and go to the HTC 10 forum and read about what this phone can actually do when given the time.

I am an att user and this phone works amazingly in their network. Haven't had one issue.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't let the media talk crap about Aaron Rodgers, I can't stand the media phonies who warrant themselves as sports columnist. Lol

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Got a nice little email update from.htc telling me the 10 is 150bucks off for the next 7 days so I went ahead and placed an order for the black HTC 10 . All they have to do is lower the price and these will fly off the shelf. Got a chance to play with one at a sprint store the other day thoroughly impressed . Felt way more fluid and responsive then my 7edge does.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
And literally the only media i really listen to is the Dan Patrick show. Lol always great to hear Dan and they guys throw out positive things about my packers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair