HTC 10 high battery drain when screen off?

A

AC Question

I recently purchased an HTC 10, mostly satisfied except the battery life doesn't seem to be as good as it should be according to online reviews. Gsam battery monitor consistently shows the 'Screen' as the main culprit (around 50-70% of battery drain), with the 'Discharge while off' percentage usually being higher than the actual screen on battery drain. Also, I've noticed that recently, 'Google Play Services' has become the app that drains the most battery by far, ending up draining about 20% by the end of a day according to Gsam. Is this normal?

I normally end up getting about 2-3 hours of SOT maximum. I recently switched to android from my iPhone 5s, and was expecting the battery life to be better than this.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
'Screen' should almost always top the battery usage list, showing a percentage far higher than anything else.
High Google Play Services battery drain is an old friend that pops up from time to time. Android OS and one or two others tend also to be high battery drainers for a while. I usually ignore these things now, trusting that after a few days, things will return to normal.
I'll request the Moderators to move your thread to the HTC 10 forum. I recommend joining as a member and engaging there....you'll be welcome. :)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=409154&share_fid=4950&share_type=t

sindhu1221

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I recently purchased an HTC 10, mostly satisfied except the battery life doesn't seem to be as good as it should be according to online reviews. Gsam battery monitor consistently shows the 'Screen' as the main culprit (around 50-70% of battery drain), with the 'Discharge while off' percentage usually being higher than the actual screen on battery drain. Also, I've noticed that recently, 'Google Play Services' has become the app that drains the most battery by far, ending up draining about 20% by the end of a day according to Gsam. Is this normal?

I normally end up getting about 2-3 hours of SOT maximum. I recently switched to android from my iPhone 5s, and was expecting the battery life to be better than this.
There has to be a problem. Check the Google play services properly. If the Google Play movies and Books are on they take up quiet some battery while running in the background. Try ending those services. Make sure you don't end Google Play services as they are required for Playstore.

chin chen

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Display eats the most battery. Google Play services dont, mine are always low.

My biggest culrpit is by far the display, then android os, andoid system, standby. Apps is chrome and instagram.

I get around 5 hours SOT though, so no complaints, since that seems to be a normal and good number for a 5.2 inch phone with 3000mah these days

brij1234

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
My suggestion is to go to the play store and check the reviews for your installed apps. The people clearly said that this app is a battery killer. My culprit was this lg tv remote app. My phone would die in like 12 hours. I uninstalled it, and now it lasts 2 days!

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Will last all day unless I am playing on it.
af977e9fe4449199d02ef83422153000.jpg