help with battery

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what it is I have posted it before I used to get like a good 18 hours out of this phone. With constant use nothing really changing my usage patterns. But it seems that I'm not as good as battery life anymore. I was wondering what could it be don't have a phone for about 4 months. I'm wondering if a factory data reset would help. There's any more information I need to post to get help let me know.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might help to see some typical battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Here is my battery for the day before having to start changing it with my portable.

Attachments

• 38368.jpg
    38368.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 130

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry still new to posting screenshots on the Android Central app. I had posted 5 but it only put one. So off to do it tomorrow.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid those other attached screenshots didn't upload correctly. What I'd really like to see are screenshots #1-3 as outlined in my previous post.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm still not seeing those other screenshots I had suggested. The other attachment links to show anything.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Personally, i love HTC products... They have very high build quality and a lot of attention to detail... However, the non removable battery has been a real nuisance for me... I had great battery life in the beginning then slowly the battery life got worse and worse.... It took 18 months to become really bad... In fact it's so bad that my phone switches off at 25%.... Now you've only had your phone for 4 months so it shouldn't be that bad of an issue....I would do a cache wipe in recovery and if that doesn't solve the issue then do a factory reset...
Add much as I longer HTC my next phone will be one with a removable battery...

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Personally, i love HTC products... They have very high build quality and a lot of attention to detail... However, the non removable battery has been a real nuisance for me... I had great battery life in the beginning then slowly the battery life got worse and worse.... It took 18 months to become really bad... In fact it's so bad that my phone switches off at 25%.... Now you've only had your phone for 4 months so it shouldn't be that bad of an issue....I would do a cache wipe in recovery and if that doesn't solve the issue then do a factory reset...
Add much as I longer HTC my next phone will be one with a removable battery...

It's hard nowadays to get a phone with removable battery. I found it pretty well today I had to charge it for a little bit. I may do a factory data reset. But how you doing chassis Wipe

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
It's hard nowadays to get a phone with removable battery. I found it pretty well today I had to charge it for a little bit. I may do a factory data reset. But how you doing chassis Wipe
To do a cache wipe: with the phone off. Press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time. You'll then get to a menu screen...use the volume keys to navigate to "recovery option" then press power button to select. Phone will then go to a black screen with a red symbol. Press and hold power button and then press volume up and it should take you to another menu screen. Then use volume and power buttons as before to navigate and access the cache wipe feature....then when it has finished simply reboot.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
To do a cache wipe: with the phone off. Press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time. You'll then get to a menu screen...use the volume keys to navigate to "recovery option" then press power button to select. Phone will then go to a black screen with a red symbol. Press and hold power button and then press volume up and it should take you to another menu screen. Then use volume and power buttons as before to navigate and access the cache wipe feature....then when it has finished simply reboot.

And just to make sure you're doing a cache wipe won't wipe any my data correct it's like wiping the app chassis. I just want to make sure before doing it

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
OP, how is your battery life going now? When you do a battery life diagnostic on your phone, it will show you the top apps/programs that are using up the most battery from your device.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
OP, how is your battery life going now? When you do a battery life diagnostic on your phone, it will show you the top apps/programs that are using up the most battery from your device.

I'm not sure just yet I will let everyone know by the end of the day tomorrow. I did do a cache wipe so I will see how the battery life is tomorrow. By the way how do you do a battery life diagnostic

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure just yet I will let everyone know by the end of the day tomorrow. I did do a cache wipe so I will see how the battery life is tomorrow. By the way how do you do a battery life diagnostic
You could also download and install GSam battery app. This is pretty much the gold standard reference app for uber detailed battery diagnostics. You'll be able to see which apps are hogging the system more than they should.

If GSam DOES indicate certain apps draining the battery you can either uninstall the app or compliment GSam battery information capabilities with a very respected battery saving app called Greenify which will discreetly monitor and automatically force close those battery draining apps when they slyly load up in the background.

Also on a different angle do you have your phone on LTE? I downgraded my phone to 3G instead of LTE as it was extremely draining on my phone. I only switch on LTE when I need it then put it back to 3G.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Awesome! If you go to your battery section in your Settings app, you will see the diagnostics screen there. Also, what the poster above me stated was a very good idea.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! If you go to your battery section in your Settings app, you will see the diagnostics screen there. Also, what the poster above me stated was a very good idea.

The thing is to have tried gsam and I didn't really like the app.i will post my battery screen shots tonight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o