headphones for the HTC 10, any recommendations?

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So

I fell prey to the $549 offer and got an HTC 10
It does sound quite a bit louder and better than my galaxy 7 edge. Alas, I turned in my note 7 so I can't compare them, but..now its all a moot point!

But any headphone recommendations? Most likely ear buds. I read that the HTC was selling hi-res buds for like $29 bucks they are sold out on the htc web site and I can't seem to locate any other retailers.

So..any other suggestions. Should I get a LG v20 just to take the earbuds from that unit? I wonder which will sound better after all is said and done..

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So

I fell prey to the $549 offer and got an HTC 10
It does sound quite a bit louder and better than my galaxy 7 edge. Alas, I turned in my note 7 so I can't compare them, but..now its all a moot point!

But any headphone recommendations? Most likely ear buds. I read that the HTC was selling hi-res buds for like $29 bucks they are sold out on the htc web site and I can't seem to locate any other retailers.

So..any other suggestions. Should I get a LG v20 just to take the earbuds from that unit? I wonder which will sound better after all is said and done..
Almost any decent ear bud will sound good if you use the custom profile settings to dial it it in. I have Shure SE 535 in ear monitors ($600 list) and use my old stock HTC M9 ear buds for bike riding, and after I set up a custom profile, they sound great.... I would suggest trying something you may own already.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Depends on your budget and what you listen to.

You should also keep in mind that it's always best to start with good audio in the first place. Make sure the source of your music is decent (i.e. 256kbps mp3 at the very least).

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Depending on your budget, Shure, Westone, Etymotic, Sennheiser, and Audiotechnica all make excellent buds of various price ranges. How much are you looking at spending?

~Ex

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I got the HTC hi-res ones in the box (UK) - but my mate swears by Jaybirds. Not cheap, but he says they're amazing. I think the first gen ones are a decent price online now...

McDoogie

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Klipsch R6 earbuds, you can get them from BestBuy, it's $60. Best earbuds I've ever used, amazing bass, crisp clear sound. I also have the hi-res htc earbuds. The klipsch R6 earbuds are much better, I gave my HTC hi-res earbuds to my girlfriend. Don't forget to calibrate the headphones when you get them.

I'm 100% sure you will love these, if not just return them. But I know you'll keep them, seriously man, give these a try, you won't be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC