Anyone here from LG G5?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm torn a little about the G5 and HTC 10.
Bell Mobility have s special offer this weekend with the G5 at $0 and HTC for $99. (I'm not so sure the price difference means too much here in Canada as the HTC is a Bell exclusive and the G5 isn't).

Anyways, I'm a bit torn about which phone to get. Im sitting here with a HTC M8 but for the last year I've been living with a phone battery that dies at 30% which is very frustrating. This is why I've been tempted by LG as the removable batteries would mean I wouldn't have to worry about that issue if I'm still using it in 2019.

However, one glance between the HTC and G5 forums and it's easy to see that HTC phones have better build quality and less return issues than G5.

Also, many people have said G5 is blazingly fast, in fact one of the fastest phones of the year.

However, I'm a big audiophile and love the fact that the wired sound on the HTC well be one of the best out there for 2016.

Obviously, I'm going to get some biased opinions here but just would love to get some objective views on HTC 10 vs LG G5.... Would you go back to G5, is it better or worse or about the same?

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I prefer the HTC 10 by far because of, well, pretty much everything. Form factor included.
I LOVE my M8 and M9.
However, I've always felt "Meh.." toward LG phones.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you put some good time into both at the store. My wife has a G5, I have the 10, and both are pretty great phones.

To keep this short and simple, I would say the G5 camera is better, faster and a little sharper with automatic use, and you get the second lens to play with. G5 is a little louder, but the 10 has fuller sound and dac. Speaking personally for our two phones, I would say G5 battery is a little better. Whites are better on the 10 display, but both screens are pretty good, and build is definitely more solid on the 10.

I hate when people say both phones are great and you need to just see for yourself, but that really is the case here. I would not get rid of my 10, and my wife LOVES her G5.

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I like my 10 quite a bit, but if I had been able to get the G5 for the same price as my 10, I would have bought that instead. Much better 1st and 3rd party support for cases and such. And the G5 having a more reliable camera doesn't hurt either. That said, I don't think you could go wrong with either device (assuming they both receive similar software support/updates). I think LG has done a good job with updates, so in general, that is a wash. The best advice is to play with both for a bit in a store and see which one YOU like better. If popular opinion mattered most, we'd all be using iPhones and Galaxy Ss.

~Ex

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
The soft keys are huge on the LG... A bit of a turnoff.

I do like their icons though. The UI in general is nice.

But so is HTC's, and it has far better build quality than the LG phone.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
The soft keys are huge on the LG... A bit of a turnoff.

I do like their icons though. The UI in general is nice.

But so is HTC's, and it has far better build quality than the LG phone.

I prefer the HTC 10 by far because of, well, pretty much everything. Form factor included.
I LOVE my M8 and M9.
However, I've always felt "Meh.." toward LG phones.

I suggest you put some good time into both at the store. My wife has a G5, I have the 10, and both are pretty great phones.

To keep this short and simple, I would say the G5 camera is better, faster and a little sharper with automatic use, and you get the second lens to play with. G5 is a little louder, but the 10 has fuller sound and dac. Speaking personally for our two phones, I would say G5 battery is a little better. Whites are better on the 10 display, but both screens are pretty good, and build is definitely more solid on the 10.

I hate when people say both phones are great and you need to just see for yourself, but that really is the case here. I would not get rid of my 10, and my wife LOVES her G5.

I like my 10 quite a bit, but if I had been able to get the G5 for the same price as my 10, I would have bought that instead. Much better 1st and 3rd party support for cases and such. And the G5 having a more reliable camera doesn't hurt either. That said, I don't think you could go wrong with either device (assuming they both receive similar software support/updates). I think LG has done a good job with updates, so in general, that is a wash. The best advice is to play with both for a bit in a store and see which one YOU like better. If popular opinion mattered most, we'd all be using iPhones and Galaxy Ss.

~Ex
Thanks for all the help in the end it was really tough, but I plumped for the HTC 10. I kinda have contradicted my self for going with a non removable battery again, when I could have gone for the LG G5 and I'll miss the IR blaster of the HTC one m8 and stereo speakers but the build quality of the HTC swung it for me and I always loved the solid reliable HTC build quality. Also, I am an audiophile so I'm looking forward to the DAC on the 10 too. Thanks again for your thoughts looking forward to playing with this phone soon.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help in the end it was really tough, but I plumped for the HTC 10. I kinda have contradicted my self for going with a non removable battery again, when I could have gone for the LG G5 and I'll miss the IR blaster of the HTC one m8 and stereo speakers but the build quality of the HTC swung it for me and I always loved the solid reliable HTC build quality. Also, I am an audiophile so I'm looking forward to the DAC on the 10 too. Thanks again for your thoughts looking forward to playing with this phone soon.
Congrats! If you're really into audio, you're gonna love the M10. (I'm an Audio Engineer)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15