Unable to slide down notification panel!

iccipsu

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
My brand new sealed HTC 10 just arrived today and it looks great. I've signed in to Google, updated the apps etc but for some reason I can't pull down the notification bar when I swipe down from the top.

I have tried factory resetting my phone and upgrading to the latest software but the problem still persists. Strangely, if I swipe down the notification bar on the Lock screen, it works fine and it pulls up the notifications along with the "Quick toggle" items. When the phone is unlocked and rotated to landscape mode it also works fine and pulls up the notifications.

It just doesn't work when the handset is actually unlocked and left in portrait mode!
Any advice? Is the phone defective?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25901

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

iccipsu

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking it was defective until u said that it pulls down on the lockscreen...now idk... try factory reset

I already did a factory reset like 3 times.
The top part of the screen is definitely responsive since I'm able to move the clock widget over the "remove" and "edit" parts while unlocked.

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25901

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Thanks for your reply. I'll try and report back

edit: Still happens in safe-mode.
Do I need to reflash the software?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03