HTC 10 – strange issue with Android Auto

Andischatz

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I have an unbranded HTC 10, running android 6.0.1 and Android Auto version 1.6.281040.

Android Auto works fine (Spotify, etc.), except for navigation with Google Maps. When I enter the navigation screen, I get this:
screendump-2016-10-08-14-59-11.png

As you can see, this is a very much enlarged version of the map (I can't zoom out) with battery status and time displayed in huge letters. This makes navigation totally unusable. Has anybody else encountered this problem? Does anyone know a way to fix it?

I have tried in two entirely different cars (mine – a Seat, and a rental car – an Opel) and the issue is the same in both, so I'm concluding the problem lies with the phone, not the car's system.

All advice greatly appreciated!

Andischatz

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I had prevously tried re-installing both Maps and Android Auto, but I did it again now, as suggested by a friend, uninstalled BOTH at the same time and then re-installed (first Maps, then Auto) and now it's working properly again. Hooray! :)

callmemrb

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Thx Andischatz. Had same issue with my HTC10 and Seat. Did as you suggested which was suggested by your friend. Boom. ✌ Any idea how to get Waze working on AA? I've read it's possible, but could not find the app on AA.

Andischatz

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
As far as I know, Waze is not yet available on AA at this time, although everything I've read suggests that this is planned for the (not too distant) future.