Any battery life issues?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Most devices have an option under battery settings to disable rapid charging.
Another option would be to use chargers rated at 1 Amp or at max 1.5amp.
I still use many of my old HTC, Blackberry and Samsung chargers that are 1 to 1.5 Amp out put so i know the max my phone will draw is that much power.
Ahhh thanks so is it safe to use my original HTC M8 charger, don't those old chargers have different specs that could damage the phone...? sorry excuse my ignorance...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Anything up to 2.6 Amps at 5 Volts is normal charging (but 2.7 Amps will cause problems, so the phone should be limited to drawing about 2 Amps). Since it's the phone that determines how much current is drawn from the charger (unless the charger isn't capable of supplying that much current), you can't damage the phone with a charger that supplies too much current. (Too much voltage is another thing.)

2. mwake4goten, you should be aware that the Stagefright fix wasn't introduced until Lollipop, so by going back to 4.4.2 (which I'm currently running, regardless), you lose that protection.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thx for the statefright tip! As for USB C, all I can say is what a load of hassle!!! Surely it was easier with the previous versions of USB. Pick up a cable and charge. Now you can't just pick up and charge, in a few years, when i have lots of USB C cables lying around I'll have to start labeling them. Apparently if you use a HTC USB C cables with a 'different' device you can potentially damage equipment as HTC cables have their own proprietary implementation of USB C specification. Well that's what I'm led to belive.

Actually I might be late to the party on this but i just found this handy Amazon user list for safely verified cables and adaptors. This well respected person actually scientifically tests all the equipment to verify the advertised cable or adapter specifications, very cool :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ls/ref...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5512657

Last edited:

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
The only thing you would need to do is buy a micro usb to C adapter and they will work just fine.
That's a relief to hear! I just priced up to buy another HTC charger and cable from HTC.ca and came to $100.ca which is daylight robbery really.

So I'm pleased to know that I can just buy a cheap adaptor to use with my original charger. Thankyou!

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I also go the additional OCD route and put my phone on a fan while charging (out of case). My normal temp via GSam is 74 while charging. I have not attempted to fast charge as I want to avoid heat as much as humanly possible on the battery.

McDoogie

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Good god, how'd you get 3 days left?

I only charge this phone once a day.
I get up at 7:30 and charge my phone. Around 8:00 to 8:30 it's fully charged. I take it off the charger once I see it's fully charged. I do not have data, Bluetooth, or gps running in the background ever. I do have my Wi-Fi on in the morning so I can lookout for emails from my boss. Once I leave the house usually around 10am, I turn off my Wi-Fi and clear out any running background apps by pressing the multitask button and clear all. For me is a habit to hit clear all every time I'm done with an app(s). I do use GPS and data when I'm navigating to job sites, and I turn them back off once I get there. I will use Wi-Fi inside people homes to test things (I'm an audio/video tech). I get off work usually at 5pm. By then my phone is usually between 80%-90%. Then I drive to my girlfriend's campus and I get on Wi-Fi there when I do something on my phone. And then I get home at about 11pm an my phone is usually between 60%-70%. I go to bed and wake up/repeat. My phone rarely gets to 50% and below. Right now it's 5:53pm and I'm at 85%. So I hope this helps anyone out with extending battery life.

McDoogie

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Also I keep my brightness all the way down and I use power saving mode through the work week.
I turn off power saving mode on the weekends and I'll also turn up my brightness just past the Wi-Fi icon.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Good tips for the extreme situations like being away from electrical power of any kind for a day or 3. Otherwise just making it through a long day is fine for me which my 10 always is able to do. I don't mind charging once a day with not having to tweak settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma