Moving from Exynos Galaxy S7

Winston P

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
So I may have permanently broken my Galaxy S7 Exynos, and I'm looking for a replacement to my device (I **** you not, my current phone is the 8 inch Galaxy Tab S2 2015). The HTC 10 seems like a reasonable option: slight downgrades to display and camera, for a better front camera, much better audio, cleaner software and the same battery capacity. I'm somewhat concerned regarding battery life though: my GS7 barely lasted me through a day, approx 12 hours use with 3 to 3.5h SOT, and according to most standardized tests the HTC 10 does worse than either variant of the Galaxy S7. My Note 5 got about the same battery life too, which leads me to believe I'm cursed with battery on Samsung phones. Do you think that I've just been unlucky on the S7 and that the HTC will provide me at least comparable endurance, or do I have a real reason to be concerned about the HTC 10's battery life?

chin chen

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
So I may have permanently broken my Galaxy S7 Exynos, and I'm looking for a replacement to my device (I **** you not, my current phone is the 8 inch Galaxy Tab S2 2015). The HTC 10 seems like a reasonable option: slight downgrades to display and camera, for a better front camera, much better audio, cleaner software and the same battery capacity. I'm somewhat concerned regarding battery life though: my GS7 barely lasted me through a day, approx 12 hours use with 3 to 3.5h SOT, and according to most standardized tests the HTC 10 does worse than either variant of the Galaxy S7. My Note 5 got about the same battery life too, which leads me to believe I'm cursed with battery on Samsung phones. Do you think that I've just been unlucky on the S7 and that the HTC will provide me at least comparable endurance, or do I have a real reason to be concerned about the HTC 10's battery life?

Think similar battery life. I get 4.5 hrs SOT with morning til evening, so around 16 - 18 hrs. If you are lucky, maybe even better than your Sammy.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

I had the 820 version of the S7 and I find the HTC 10 gets better SOT for my usage. I'm also averaging 4.5 hr SOT. I never got more than 4 with the S7 and that was a good day.

Winston P

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Think similar battery life. I get 4.5 hrs SOT with morning til evening, so around 16 - 18 hrs. If you are lucky, maybe even better than your Sammy.

I had the 820 version of the S7 and I find the HTC 10 gets better SOT for my usage. I'm also averaging 4.5 hr SOT. I never got more than 4 with the S7 and that was a good day.

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys use your devices for? I'd say I'm a fairly heavy Chrome user, occassional use of Snapchat, and light sprinkles of Instagram and Clash Royale thrown in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol