Using 'recent apps' button while in stock camera, forces landscape orientation?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else have this behavior on their phone? While using the camera, if you press the recent apps button to switch apps, then they appear as if the phone is in landscape orientation.

Man this is perhaps the weirdest thing I've seen on this phone yet.

It's just so unnecessary.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
You're talking about the recent apps screen itself showing up in landscape mode? I noticed, but didn't think it was weird or a big deal at all. It happens with several apps that are primarily used as landscape.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
You're talking about the recent apps screen itself showing up in landscape mode? I noticed, but didn't think it was weird or a big deal at all. It happens with several apps that are primarily used as landscape.
Yeah for the rear facing camera sure, but I always take selfies in portrait orientation. I think the system should just behave the same as every other phone out there does. Here's hoping it can be fixed with a software update.

It is just strange to have to get used to this.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Word. This place bends my mind sometimes.
Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it's the preferred mode of operation.

It's a stupid design decision. Doesn't take much to actually identify the orientation prior to deciding that the phone is being used in landscape

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it's the preferred mode of operation.

It's a stupid design decision. Doesn't take much to actually identify the orientation prior to deciding that the phone is being used in landscape
I didn't deny you of your opinion. I just can't understand how people get upset about such a small thing. I've found far greater glitches in these phones.
I don't think it's a "stupid decision" either, just an oversight. If you care, reporting it to HTC will go much farther than this thread ever will.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I didn't deny you of your opinion. I just can't understand how people get upset about such a small thing. I've found far greater glitches in these phones.
I don't think it's a "stupid decision" either, just an oversight. If you care, reporting it to HTC will go much farther than this thread ever will.
Oh I know. I've just contacted them about it.

I mean it's still the best phone for me, but I would like to make it better assuming they still have an active dev team.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084