HTC 10/UH OH Protection

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
OK, so I dropped my 10, cracked the screen in the corner. Called HTC about a Uh Oh claim on Monday the 17th. Sent me an email to release CC hold for overnight delivery. I never received tracking information. When I look up claim from email, it just reads "device ready for packing". I called Tuesday the 18th, just to follow up, will phone be shipped today? "Yes, sorry for the delay, the device will ship out today". Today is the 25th, still no device or tracking information. I have called HTC daily trying to find out what is holding this up. "Sorry, there is some kind of mistake in the warehouse", "this is being escalated, someone will call you back today", "you will be contacted with tracking number today". Never received a return call, device hasn't shipped, no one can answer my question. Now, granted it's not a life threatening situation, but you have a $600 hold on my bank account for over a week now, and no response whatsoever as to when you are shipping device. **** poor customer service. You would think a drowning company would be trying to please the folks still buying their phones.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Overnight delivery" means "once it's shipped" - which can be same day, next day or end-of-month. (I actually received a replacement from AT&T the day after I called them - but even as a dealer [I've been retired for a while] I've had "overnight deliveries" take a week or so. Once the delivery service gets it, it's another story. If it's "before 10 AM", they'll drop it at the store, even if you don't open until noon - they don't get paid if they deliver it at 10:01 or later. But the manufacturer gets paid whenever you get the phone.) You can try calling them back, asking to speak to a supervisor and asking that person to elevate the matter to level 2, since "overnight" has taken a week so far and it hasn't even been shipped yet.

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
"Overnight delivery" means "once it's shipped" - which can be same day, next day or end-of-month. (I actually received a replacement from AT&T the day after I called them - but even as a dealer [I've been retired for a while] I've had "overnight deliveries" take a week or so. Once the delivery service gets it, it's another story. If it's "before 10 AM", they'll drop it at the store, even if you don't open until noon - they don't get paid if they deliver it at 10:01 or later. But the manufacturer gets paid whenever you get the phone.) You can try calling them back, asking to speak to a supervisor and asking that person to elevate the matter to level 2, since "overnight" has taken a week so far and it hasn't even been shipped yet.

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I get that. I guess my gripe would be about how they have handled it. Don't say, "as soon as you approve the credit card hold, we will have the phone to you within 24 hours." Don't give me the runaround, and say you'll call me back every day for a week, and never call. Again, not the end of the world, just frustrating. Just say upfront, it will be overnight delivery whenever it ships from our warehouse.

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
You would think someone in customer service would be able to give the same explanation you just did, over the course of 10 phone calls. The lack of any information or communication from them is the real issue.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Normal. And, yes, it's frustrating and confusing. I went through it twice and my situation was even worse. It'll work out eventualy, just be patient and call every couple days to make sure it's getting processed.

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Never got a return call or tracking information, website still shows "ready for packing", HOWEVER, the phone came in today. Only problem now is no return shipping label included. Called today, and they said someone would call me back with that info. Not holding my breath, but at least the new phone is here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20