Removable battery HTC 11

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
If HTC were to introduce a removable battery in their next phone I think that would be cool. Unfortunately I'm not someone who can afford to buy the latest phone every year to eighteen months and I find phone batteries usually degrade somewhat around that time length. So for that reason I wish HTC would introduce removable batteries. If LG can do it and still keep their phones slim and thin then surely HTC can achieve this too?

Advantages of removable battery would mean long term users wouldn't have to buy a new phone or consider risky (and sometimes expensive) battery replacement repairs because of sealed design.

I just bought the HTC 10 and I'm enjoying it, but Im falling back on my old M8 when I'm at home because Im trying to make the HTC 10 battery last longer by not overusing it. What do others think about this, would a removable battery put you off HTC 10 or not.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
My last phone went for almost 4 years on the original battery before it started glitching. Battery life and durability have improved in the last few years. If you take care of your things they will last way longer than 18 months. Use your stuff! Why spend $$$ and have it sit on a shelf? If you don't like it sell it and get something else.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replies, well I guess I'm on my own haha...we all have our own subjective ideals of the perfect phone mine judt includes HTC releasing a flagship phone with a removable battery...I really do think a removable battery would be an asset, can't really a weakness in it. The LG V20 looks very sleek and a slim too for having removable battery and I think it had a higher capacity.

As for others who got more than two years plus of good battery life from their phones, well I wasn't lucky enough to get years of life from my m8 but I guess I was heavy user especially when playing intensive games...I would empty and recharge the phone battery severall times a day, which probably contributed to its relatively quick demise...
Oh well, I know have a few choices, take it to HTC to approve expensive repair, take a risk, and repair at 3rd party phone shop...or buy a another phone with a removable battery.

However I love HTC too much it's just on feature I would like to see on their phones in future although I don't that would happen.

Last edited:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Keep in mind, it's not like replacing the battery is not an option. I replaced the one on my M8 for $13. If you need someone to do it for you, $75. I'll gladly take either of those options to keep the phone as compact as possible and/or not have to buy a new one after 2 years if I'm not ready (which I always am but everyone is different).

mbxx

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
The HTC 10 camera is not really so good. Sometimes I have a feeling there is not really a optical picture stabilisator (OIS) inside. It is just my experience after months.
A lot of pics what I have taken are blurred.
(Software 1.95.401.4)

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I generally don't use the same phone for more than 2 years. I've never had to replace a battery yet for degradation issues or any other reason. I do recall having numerous creaky battery door issues from past phones that did have removable batteries tho. I think a non removable, completely sealed phone is preferable IMO. Makes for an overall tighter device.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
If LG can marry great looks with a removable battery surely HTC can do it too! Sure you could service the smartphone at a repair shop but surely a removable battery is less hassle?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't usually keep a phone for more than two years either and just haven't had any issue with any of my sealed HTC phones, including the M8, M9, or M10, although it's only 6 months old. I hope and am pretty sure the HTC 11 will continue to have a non removable battery.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
If LG can marry great looks with a removable battery surely HTC can do it too! Sure you could service the smartphone at a repair shop but surely a removable battery is less hassle?
If I thought LG made as good a phone I would have gone with them. They didn't though.

donnyhat55

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry but the HTC 10 has one of the best Cameras on any phone on the market. We went over seas (Ireland) in July and that is the only camera I used and I took over 2000 photos with it and all were outstanding, the quality was on par with some of the best digital cameras out there. It just needs a better zoom is all I see for distant objects.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd be fine if the SD card went the way of the removable battery.
Are you kidding me? I'm good with the non-removable battery, but I love my 200gb SD card. Even Samsung brought back the SD card. It's one really big reason I don't switch to iPhone.......

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The HTC 10 camera is not really so good. Sometimes I have a feeling there is not really a optical picture stabilisator (OIS) inside. It is just my experience after months.
A lot of pics what I have taken are blurred.
(Software 1.95.401.4)

I have not experienced this and I've had mine since May. My pics almost always look great and I dont actually try to snap a perfect pic. I just point and shoot mostly unless there are lighting issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol