Gmail issues after update

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Only issue I have found after the Nougat update is that Gmail no longer fetches mail. I may go all day, then have 40 come through at once. Any ideas?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Only issue I have found after the Nougat update is that Gmail no longer fetches mail. I may go all day, then have 40 come through at once. Any ideas?

Check your fetch settings. I haven't had that issue at all. Try clearing cache, maybe delete the app and reinstall it.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been fine. Maybe check your power saver settings for each app too. A bunch of mine were put into power saver so I undid it on those apps.

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I deleted/reinstalled, still happening. I'll try clearing the cache

Please let me know what you find. I am getting a delay, but perhaps not as long as yours. I'll wait several minutes for an email it seems? That's even when the phone has just been asleep for a few minutes, so it shouldn't be in doze. I'm still trying to better understand how often it's occurring and what the delay is.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad it's not just me! I tried deleting the app data and clearing the cache, and I think it's been working a little better.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue with K9 mail. I resolved it by changing the setting to allow it to run in the background without being killed.
System Settings --> App Manager
Hit the "menu" button, select "configure apps".
Hit "Battery Optimization", choose "all apps" , click GMAIL, and select "Don't Optimize". That will prevent doze from knocking it out.
Hope it works for you.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue with K9 mail. I resolved it by changing the setting to allow it to run in the background without being killed.
System Settings --> App Manager
Hit the "menu" button, select "configure apps".
Hit "Battery Optimization", choose "all apps" , click GMAIL, and select "Don't Optimize". That will prevent doze from knocking it out.
Hope it works for you.

Thanks for the tip! You missed one step though... After "configure apps" > "special access" > "battery optimization" :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance