hTC 10 or S7?

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I like both. I like premium phones and I like bells and whistles, but I also like smooth and simple. One question though, is the HTC 10 still difficult to see in the sunlight and when you wear polarized sunglasses?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I dont know if they have ever addressed that issue. I have one that came out at release. It has the polarized issue which isn't an issue because I don't care if my sunglasses are polarized or not.

As far as smooth and simple, the HTC 10 is exactly that. Even more so after the nougat update. Not sure how much you like quality music but the 10 is amazing when it comes to that.

Ntbook

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Polarization seems to depend on the screen maker (tianma or Sharp) although you couldn't tell which one is unless you turn on the phone and look at the screen with polarized glasses.
If it's a Sharp screen unit, you'll see the screen ok in portrait. If it's tianma, you'll see it ok in landscape

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have switched from the s7 edge and in my opinion every phone has its pro's and con's. Initially i felt that the display was far superior on the s7 edge but if i adjusted brightness on both phones to match as equal as i could get them then they were actually quiet comparable! The s7 edge display does pop that little bit more and undoubtedly most people will prefer it as its just a tad more pleasing to the eyes! However, The display on the HTC is by no means bad. Very nice in fact. It just doesn't 'pop' as much but then again , its LCD not AMOLED so its not supposed too! Personally i found that the brightness slider / auto brightness works better on the s7 and also is brighter over all!! I could set brightness relatively low on the s7 and the screen would look great but on the HTC iam finding that i gotta have the brightness on at least 50-60% wether iam indoors or not!! Both great displays but it seems AMLOED is always gonna have the edge over LCD.

Over all i feel drawn to the HTC more. It feels better, I enjoy using it more (maybe thats cause its new... who knows?) For me battery life is actually equally as good as the s7 edge or at least fairly comparable! My s7 edge battery certainly is not miles ahead based on my use so far!!

Iam happy with the htc 10. The camera is excellent. I haven't done a direct comparison with the s7 edge but the photo's i have taken so far were impressive enough to satisfy me and i would be confident enough to say that even if i had of done a direct comparison. I don't think the difference between them would be that big!! The only thing thats noticeable is the HTC takes just a second longer to process the image!

In terms of speed / performance! I actually expected HTC to win easily here but again my experience has been that they are both comparable! I have since set up nova launcher on both and have animations off and both are fast as hell! The s7 edge feels ever so slightly faster when swiping / scrolling and the HTC seems to be ever so slightly quicker loading web pages etc

All in all. Iam happy to stick with the HTC 10!! It feels far nicer in hand, Is the perfect size too imo (i found the my s7 edge a tad to big) I also hated the ghost touches i would get on my s7 edge along the edges! I will miss the 'people edge' feature which is odd cause i didn't use it too often but i liked it. I will also miss the dialer (not really feeling the htc 10 dialer) and i will also miss the display but thats really the only big thing i will miss as everything else is minor! and as said, the display on the htc is still very very good. If the htc had an amoled panel and perhaps snap photo's a fraction quicker then it could and should take over will likely never happen as marketing wise they seem unable to compete which is a shame!! I would also like to see them bring a curved design to the table BUT if its gonna cause ghost touches like on the s7 edge the no thanks!! For some reason it was never an issue on the s6 edge but the s7 edge was killer and needed a case to help matters!!

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I like both. I like premium phones and I like bells and whistles, but I also like smooth and simple. One question though, is the HTC 10 still difficult to see in the sunlight and when you wear polarized sunglasses?

It is, and that's really the only major drawback with the 10. I switched from the S7 Edge and couldn't be happier. TouchWiz has improved but it's still a confusing, ugly mess. The camera and screen are both a little better on the Samsung, but that's it (both ARE good on the 10).