Where is Nougat?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile 10 here, just upgraded to 7.0 today after doing a factory reset. Battery life is considerably better. Phone does feel snappier too. Split screen mode is OK at best. Overall I give Nougat A thumbs upđź‘Ť

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If battery life is considerably better that would be a plus. Hoping Verizon releases it sometime. Not that enamored by the rest of it as MM has been fantastic. Split screen functionality doesn't sound that fabulous on a cell phone, but maybe when I see it actually working I may see some benefits. Improved battery would make it worth it to me along with further smoothness in the fluidity of the whole thing.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree, I updated to lollipop and regretted it, I updated to Marshmallow and still wished I had KitKat on my m8. It will be the same for Nougat for the 10. Nougat will bring more functionality to the 10 but I'm going to stick with the OS that the 10 was designed for, Marshmallow.

Yeah, the M8 and its half baked release we got stuck with was ugly. Really dragged down my phone. Was still good, but it wasnt nearly as good as it was pre update. I dont expect much issue with 7.0 on the 10. Ill gladly update when it arrives but not in a hurry for it to get here just because.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Been running Nougat for a couple of weeks. But I won't waist my money on a carrier branded phone, and expect timely updates.

This is a decision I made last year. After my carrier phone took up to 3 months longer than my unlocked device to get updates. Carriers are nice because you can sometimes get subsidies but are a pain for updates. Much happier now with a unlocked device.

A droid a day, keep the apple away.

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, now don't expect Nougat on the HTC 10 anytime soon.

HTC 10 Nougat update rollout halted because of bugs found, fix and release is taking time – The Android Soul

Even the three weeks wait period is not official, is something that a leakster said:

HTC 10 Nougat update will resume within 3 weeks, will come with January security patch – The Android Soul

Now, is it believable that Nougat has such prominent bugs on HTC10? Aside for the fact that sometimes the SSD card had to be removed to complete the update, I didn't find this forum or any other filled with complains about that update (for the lucky ones that actually got it, or even got the second patch for their Nougat release)

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, wonder what the bugs are. I don't recall hearing very many if any bad reviews of N on the 10. Mostly all are raving about it being so stable and great.

jens Van Keer

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, now don't expect Nougat on the HTC 10 anytime soon.

HTC 10 Nougat update rollout halted because of bugs found, fix and release is taking time – The Android Soul

Even the three weeks wait period is not official, is something that a leakster said:

HTC 10 Nougat update will resume within 3 weeks, will come with January security patch – The Android Soul

Now, is it believable that Nougat has such prominent bugs on HTC10? Aside for the fact that sometimes the SSD card had to be removed to complete the update, I didn't find this forum or any other filled with complains about that update (for the lucky ones that actually got it, or even got the second patch for their Nougat release)

Well, i guess ther's some good thing coming

Attachments

• 73100.jpg
    73100.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 50

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
This is a decision I made last year. After my carrier phone took up to 3 months longer than my unlocked device to get updates. Carriers are nice because you can sometimes get subsidies but are a pain for updates. Much happier now with a unlocked device.

A droid a day, keep the apple away.
I agree unlocked is definitely the way to go, problem is Verizon doesn't have a lot of unlocked options that work on their network. I'm hoping in future this will get better. There was a problem getting an unlocked HTC 10 to work on Verizon previously until XDA came up with a sort of fix. Not sure if it works any better now or not. But yeah, unlocked always when possible.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

When it comes to Verizon tho, they always do their own thing concerning updates. Glad my 10 is smooth and sweet as is. Not speculating on Verizon releasing anytime soon. Hope to be happily surprised some day.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean the micro SD card? I did do a factory reset after backing up my videos and pictures. Then proceeded to update to 7.0. It went seamless. Do far I haven't seen any bugs regarding regular use and while using apps? What bugs should I be looking for just in case?

funmonk01

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have just downloaded the latest software update 2.41.709.3 Phone purchased in Hong Kong but the phone is Taiwanese and I am currently in Ukraine.

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I also received the same Nougat update (2.41.709.3) today. It was an uneventful procedure, and I even didn’t have to remove my SD card to be able to do it. So far, no restarts nor any bug that I could be aware of.

I also believe my HTC 10 was directed to the HTC homeland (Taiwan) or to Hong Kong, because I had to do its first setup in Chinese language -Thanks to Google Translate for its ability to translate photos, otherwise I wouldn’t had been able to setup this-.

However, this update makes me wonder what is the real situation at HTC.

Just four days ago, HTC announced that they stopped the Nougat rollout “because it was crippled with bugs”. Is HTC that good to fix bugs this fast to already restart the rollout?

Next, is very evident a region preference for HTC, where they deployed Nougat months ago, and even already offered a second Nougat update. For the US there was Nougat, and monthly security updates for the Marshmallow version. As far as I know, the rest of the world gradually stopped receiving updates (on my HTC, my version was stuck on the September 2016 security patch).

Curiously, in the US there was no general outcry about Nougat “filled with bugs” on this or any related forum that I know and, as we can see with this update, the Nougat rollout was not really stopped. Are these lies or middle truths? Could be that HTC is busy with other more profitable projects, so other stuff is not a priority anymore?

Some user in this forum thinks that HTC chose the US to be its favorite place because he thinks is the only place in the world were people is able to buy high-end smartphones, while the poor rest of the world can only afford middle or low-level ones. Aside of being an untrue and very distorted vision, wasn’t the US the place where one major carrier dropped the HTC 10 due to, well, lack of sales?

If the HTC 10 sales were lackluster (in the US and all the world), why did they stop offering timely updates and security patches for most of the world? I can understand when high sales unlocked smartphones decide to rollout updates for different regions at different weeks, because its company has not enough servers or elastic services to serve all customers at once. But with a smartphone that had low sales, what’s the point of not giving access to their already created updates for all its customers?

So many questions, and so disappointed.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Swipe with 2 fingers. That pulls the shade down immediately.

I am aware. I'm referring to one-handed usage.

It's the small things that make it a good experience.

Constantly dragging down twice just to do something like locking orientation to portrait is irritating.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I am aware. I'm referring to one-handed usage.

It's the small things that make it a good experience.

Constantly dragging down twice just to do something like locking orientation to portrait is irritating.
U don't have to drag down twice to change orientation... When I pull down once it gives u the option to toggle wifi, BT, data, orientation, calculator, and flashlight

And I'm pretty sure u can adjust that to be any of the 6 toggles they give u in the notification area

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz