random restarts

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any random restarts with a bone every once in awhile. Since 7.0 update I'm wondering because I've had at least maybe four to five. And I have an added no new apps except for one new game and that's the Konami Yu-Gi-Oh card game. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue phone work Still blazing fast and great battery life.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any random restarts with a bone every once in awhile. Since 7.0 update I'm wondering because I've had at least maybe four to five. And I have an added no new apps except for one new game and that's the Konami Yu-Gi-Oh card game. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue phone work Still blazing fast and great battery life.
Did you do full reset after upgrading to 7.0? But before full reset I would do a "cache wipe" procedure. But it may also be that one of your apps isn't playing well with Nougat at the moment.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you do full reset after upgrading to 7.0? But before full reset I would do a "cache wipe" procedure. But it may also be that one of your apps isn't playing well with Nougat at the moment.

So you're not having any issues with restarts on your phone. Because I haven't added any new apps most after I have worked are compatible with nougat. I did chache wipe after upgrade to move it. Also weird I lose data connection off and on but not every single place though so that's probably unrelated to the OS. I really don't want to have to do a factory data reset I'm well aware that had Android phones for years. I'm done Factory wipes a couple times. I just work 40 hours a week and don't really have time to do that.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
The only other thing I could suggest is logging. I wonder if Android saves crash logs.... If you could find out how to access crash logs you could find out the rouge app that is making your phone crash.... If you find out how to access crash logs then maybe you could post it to XDA forums someone there will surely be able to help you with regard to that. However I'm not 100% of how's to access crash logs on Android.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The only other thing I could suggest is logging. I wonder if Android saves crash logs.... If you could find out how to access crash logs you could find out the rouge app that is making your phone crash.... If you find out how to access crash logs then maybe you could post it to XDA forums someone there will surely be able to help you with regard to that. However I'm not 100% of how's to access crash logs on Android.

Neither am I it only happens once in a while like once a week. If it keeps happening next month or two I'll probably just do a factory reset thanks anyway

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My TMO HTC 10 i my back up phone / media device. While at work the other day listening to SiriusXM music my phone restarted. So far its only happened once. I did wipe cache after the update a week or so ago.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there any one else that could shed some light on my random resorts just had again at work. And if I have to all factory reset it on Tuesday when I'm off. It's just a pain because you have to go through the process of signing in to all your apps again. I mean I guess at least in Android 6.0 + 7. It does save almost information does put your *** back to where they were. I'm just wonder if anyone else has any other ideas or anyone else has actually experienced any random crashes. I do send the reports back to HTC

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I hate to ask this question, but did it get wet? Random restarts are a canary in a coal mine sign for this phone.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I hate to ask this question, but did it get wet? Random restarts are a canary in a coal mine sign for this phone.

It did not get soaked I got a little water dripped on the phone but only on the screen. Nowhere it that it would get into like the charging port or the aux port just on my screen protector which I wiped up. And what do you mean by can be a canary in a coal mine I don't get that reference.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It did not get soaked I got a little water dripped on the phone but only on the screen. Nowhere it that it would get into like the charging port or the aux port just on my screen protector which I wiped up. And what do you mean by can be a canary in a coal mine I don't get that reference.

Canaries were used in coal mines to warn of dangerous gasses as they would die before the people. When my phone got wet it was doing lots of random restarts. In talking with the customer service person he told me that when these phones get wet that is one thing they will always look for as that is a symptom of a wet 10. Im glad this is not your issue.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Canaries were used in coal mines to warn of dangerous gasses as they would die before the people. When my phone got wet it was doing lots of random restarts. In talking with the customer service person he told me that when these phones get wet that is one thing they will always look for as that is a symptom of a wet 10. Im glad this is not your issue.

Alright so I will see how it goes and if it starts happening Al the time I will be forced to do a factory data reset.

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I've had nougat for a few weeks now since TMO rolled it out. Not had a single random restart. Probably doesn't help much, but thought I'd add my experience.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had nougat for a few weeks now since TMO rolled it out. Not had a single random restart. Probably doesn't help much, but thought I'd add my experience.

I appreciate it I've had it happened about 4 times. It has really affected my battery life or any actual function of the phone set my phone just randomly restarts. Like a poster said above it could be a bug and the reason why they start rolling out 7.0 to the HTC 10 in other areas. So I may wait a little bit longer and see how it goes. I would hate to do a factory data reset and still have the problem. When it very well could be a software issue but more apart a software issue with the OS. If that's the case and a factory data reset would not solve the issue.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I haven't read every post, but I really do think the OP should do a factory reset. Especially after a OS upgrade. I remember upgrading to lollipop and my phone was having a lot of problems and restarts...I did a cache wipe and that solved some of the issues but only after I did a full reset did the issues go away...

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I haven't read every post, but I really do think the OP should do a factory reset. Especially after a OS upgrade. I remember upgrading to lollipop and my phone was having a lot of problems and restarts...I did a cache wipe and that solved some of the issues but only after I did a full reset did the issues go away...

I fully get you and understand what you're saying I have done this before as well I am just was just posted to see if anyone else is having issues with the 7.0 update. HTC has stopped rolling out the update to other regions because they have found bugs. And restarting could be one of the bugs. So I just don't want to do a factory reset if it doesn't solve the problem. And I've gone through all that trouble.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, this is one of the cons of the 90 day promise to update, rushed buggy updates... I hope htc update to 7.1 quickly and resolve the bugs so you and others can enjoy your phone.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Just had one about 2 hours ago in fact. Woke phone up, tapped on Chrome app, nothing happened, power button unresponsive and then a few seconds later, the HTC logo showed up. Uptime was about 5 days.

Since the Nougat update, it only happened one other time.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It has been said that this is a bug and the reason they stopped the update process. Funny tho why some seem to be fine with it and others not. Being a bug I'd suggest that a factory reset would not help. For an update of this size I always do a factory wipe as part of the process to start fresh. I'm still on MM and in no hurry to update. Hope you all get it sorted out soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze