Buy the HTC 10 now for 500 euros or wait for the "possible" HTC 11?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.

I have my HTC One M8 since launch but the top speaker is distorting the sound when in high volumes, otherwise love it like when I got it.
In your opinion, should I buy the HTC 10 or wait for HTC to "possible" release an improved HTC 11 in a couple of months?

Cheers

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there will be an 11, it seems they're banking on the U. The 10 is pretty awesome, if you love it my vote would be get it. Although if there is an 11, then I'm going to be a jerk and say get that instead.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there will be an 11, it seems they're banking on the U. The 10 is pretty awesome, if you love it my vote would be get it. Although if there is an 11, then I'm going to be a jerk and say get that instead.
Thanks. Problem is that I don't know if I love it since I haven't been able to try one, there's none on my city stores.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay if it helps all of the information that has been made publicly available suggest that there will not be a different HTC Flagship at the beginning of a year to follow the HTC 10 and that the HTC U is meant to be the flagship for HTC this year

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I agree with those stating there will not be an follow up to the HTC 10. The HTC U has a Snapdragon 821 processor and HTC has flatly stated that they will release a phone with the 835 when it becomes available.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I agree with those stating there will not be an follow up to the HTC 10. The HTC U has a Snapdragon 821 processor and HTC has flatly stated that they will release a phone with the 835 when it becomes available.
Hopefully you're more right than I am.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I also believe that. But if it will have what I want, that's the big question:

- Metal Chassis
- Stereo front speakers
- Great headphone sound quality
- super amoled screen, like the Samsung S7
- 4GB or 6GB of RAM
- 64GB of UFS 2.1 storage
- 835 SOC ;)

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I also believe that. But if it will have what I want, that's the big question:

- Metal Chassis
- Stereo front speakers
- Great headphone sound quality
- super amoled screen, like the Samsung S7
- 4GB or 6GB of RAM
- 64GB of UFS 2.1 storage
- 835 SOC ;)

I firmly believe HTC will deliver what you're asking for in the successor to the 10 this year. And there will *most* definitely be "one". IMO the only questionable items are the metal chassis and the dual front firing speakers. They may go glass but I highly doubt they'll make a successor to the 10 that is all glass and stray from their design trends.

The dual front facing speakers may make a comeback this year. If they don't and they keep to what they put in the 10, slightly improved, I'll be happy. I have owned every HTC since the Desire HD. The M8 *had* the best speakers until I got the 10. The M9 speakers were good but no where near the quality of the 10 or M8. The screen on the 10 successor will most definitely be a AMOLED. Given HTCs commitment to VR, they'll deliver the screen goods this year.

I am excited for HTC this year. The U ultra is a beautifully executed phone and the 10 successor will be phenomenal. For me, the 10 has been THE perfect phone. I am not a VR person so I highly doubt I'll upgrade from the 10 for a while. The U Ultra had me soooooo tempted but I am perfectly content with the 10. If I were you, I'd wait. That's just me thinking if I were still with the M8... HTC or bust. Haha

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I surely hope you are right :)
I'm probably following your suggestion and just sit tight for spec confirmation...
Cheers

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I feel LCD is more accurate... and no burn in like amoled
Currently the most accurate displays are only because it's the iPhone 7. After that one, the next great many are well calibrated AMOLED displays, usually made by Samsung. I would definitely prefer AMOLED over LCD, all other things being equal.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I´ve read that article too...but I still have some hope that a metal chassis (I think a phone made of glass is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen).
And I hate cases.

Cheers

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Uh huh. Regardless, they've already come out and said that they will have a flagship phone that will pack in the SD 835. Soooooo, that being said, what else what it be if not a *successor*to the 10?

I hope they're wrong, but waiting to hear a "yes" before I start investing hope into waiting.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, there!

If you're worried about missing out on a potentially great opportunity with HTC's next iteration, I'd wait a couple of months to see if a) HTC does in fact announce/come out with a new device; or b) a new phone comes out that you suddenly really like and you decide that you want to purchase it!

However, the HTC 10 is an awesome device and going for that is always a good option if you've waited for a while and nothing is catching your eye.