Google Play is giving "Not Responding Error code 927" also occurring on my HTC m9.
    03-17-2017 01:38 AM
    My HTC 10 (in the UK, on Three) has all of a sudden become rubbish on battery usage also

I had not initially considered it was the same time as the Nougat upgrade, but seeing this thread makes me think maybe it was

No problem with anything else and I'm not keen to try a factory reset as it doesn't seem to have been effective for anyone else

I've tried with and without power saver enabled, doesn't seem to make any difference

Biggest user of battery are:

Android O/S 44%
    Screen 14%
    Android System 9%

Screen I'm not too surprised by, but 53% on Android?!?
    I have had the same issue for the last 3 weeks since updating to 7.0. I've tried clearing the cache, factory reset and all suggestions about app permissions and location settings I've found on various forums. Nothing has worked.
    Anyone else had these issue's and found a fix?
    03-18-2017 08:48 AM
    Nope, I've been making sure I switch of wifi when I'm commuting and bluetooth is off when I'm not using my headphones

I may have to try the factory reset after all, I fear
    03-20-2017 05:36 AM
    Turning off the power saver mode is the only solution, unfortunately.

I can not understand how a global company release an update that affects who knows how many devices and users all over the world without making sure everything is Ok. Htc has messed up big time.
    03-20-2017 10:18 AM
    Turning off the power saver mode is the only solution, unfortunately.

I can not understand how a global company release an update that affects who knows how many devices and users all over the world without making sure everything is Ok. Htc has messed up big time.
    It's not an HTC issue, Samsung and other brands have similar issues. There are so many variables. The actual number of phones with any problems after the Nougat update is actually small. Everyone has different apps download, which usually causes more issues than the actual update, with compatibility and cache issues. Everyone uses their phone differently... I keep everything except NFC on all of the time with full brightness on my screen and get good battery life as well as good performance. I had a couple very small app related bugs after the update and they are gone. I couldn't be happier with my phone.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    03-20-2017 11:26 AM
    It's not an HTC issue, Samsung and other brands have similar issues. There are so many variables. The actual number of phones with any problems after the Nougat update is actually small. Everyone has different apps download, which usually causes more issues than the actual update, with compatibility and cache issues. Everyone uses their phone differently... I keep everything except NFC on all of the time with full brightness on my screen and get good battery life as well as good performance. I had a couple very small app related bugs after the update and they are gone. I couldn't be happier with my phone.
    Noticed you said you have full brightness which I never do because I get poor battery if I do this. Just curious on average how much SOT do you get with full brightness? For the record I airways have my phone set to low brightness and average about 5 hours SOT.
    03-20-2017 11:41 AM
    Nope, I've been making sure I switch of wifi when I'm commuting and bluetooth is off when I'm not using my headphones

I may have to try the factory reset after all, I fear
    WiFi and Bluetooth will continue to scan if the setting in location is on even when turned off. Have you checked that ?
    03-20-2017 12:33 PM
    Noticed you said you have full brightness which I never do because I get poor battery if I do this. Just curious on average how much SOT do you get with full brightness? For the record I airways have my phone set to low brightness and average about 5 hours SOT.
    I really don't know my screen on time.I really don't care as long as my phone works and lasts all day...The only time my battery drains is if I'm in poor service or roaming. When I'm home on wifi I easily get 24 hours on a charge with moderate usage. I also keep quick chargers in my car and in my computer bag for work. If I'm in poor service, I charge it, which ends up usually at the 14-16 hour mark. Looking for service really drains the battery...
    03-20-2017 07:09 PM
    The only major thing I noticed after the update is that it closes all but 5 apps after some time of non-use. I can open as many as needed, but overnight or after a few hours, I will open the phone and only 5 apps are there. I used to be able to keep all the apps open and did not really lose anything with the battery. I have been trying to understand if there is some setting to get this back. I do not have battery saver on, nor did I before. I am not sure if this is now a fixed thing, which is very annoying.
    Each time I have to search for the app on my phone.
    Also the "Clear All" button is much bigger and in the way. I have to be careful not to hit it.
    HTC10/Sprint in United States.
    Thanks.
    03-20-2017 07:31 PM

This what my clear all button looks like. Mine does not clear any apps. There are 10 open in this picture.
    03-20-2017 08:27 PM
    I can open as many as I want, but after a few hours or overnight all but 5 are closed. Before the update it never closed any apps. If I had 20 open, it left 20 open. I wish I could find some setting to change it back to not closing all but 5 apps.
    Also the Clear All button was much smaller before the update.
    Yesterday 10:16 AM
    Mine never closes any after any amount of time. We have the same phone on the same network. Is there any apps on your phone "cleaning up" memory (by closing apps). It is not the update. It is something on or with your phone. Last resort would be a complete reset.
    Today 08:43 AM
    Thanks, I guess that narrows it down, but still a mystery.
    Today 02:37 PM
38 12