05-15-2017 05:58 AM
56 123
tools
    Thank you! This ended up working for me. Good thing I tried this before doing a factory reset. My phone was having gmail sync issues, and then random apps started to hang at a blank screen, including play store. I thought i would have to reinstall the play store via APK but deleting Google Play Services data ended up fixing everything.
    I have had to do this 3 times since installing nougat. It's not that big of an issue but is annoying. I didn't have to before. I hope they fix it soon.
    04-25-2017 07:34 AM
    Since the security update last week (US/Sprint), I have been getting horrible battery life. I just wiped the cache partition, so we'll see if that makes a difference or not. Also noticed cell reception is worse, get the "Looking for service" often. I had already wiped it after the N update because of other issues, which are still ongoing as noted below as none were fixed by that:

- Two location icons in the notification bar: one always there, another appears with the flashing inner dot when the location is being accessed (i.e. using Maps, a weather app, MapMyFitness, etc)
    - Apps randomly fail to load with white/black blank screen and need to be closed and reopened to work
    - Apps launched from the notification shade don't always open (SlickDeals, Flipboard)
    - Google Play store fails to load - clearing the app data/cache fixes this
    - Google Now/On Tap/whatever it's called doesn't update the feed and high battery usage of Google Play Services - clearing app/data cache fixed this
    - Sprint ID failed to update, constantly

I know there are some other issues and glitches I can't remember right now.

App-specific issues, or not?
    - One Drive prompts to choose backup folder locations at every reboot/doesn't save the selections
    - Fitbit doesn't stay synced to receive text notifications nor unlock the phone with Smart Lock. Will work fine, then just stop working, then start working again. Often times I need to remove the pairing and repair it.

I've had HTCs for years (Hero, Evo 3D, One M7, and now the 10). I think this is the worst update with the most little bugs I've ever had, and the slowest response to get a patch...
    TheJediGoddess likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:20 PM
    I have had to do this 3 times since installing nougat. It's not that big of an issue but is annoying. I didn't have to before. I hope they fix it soon.
    Well make that 4 times and it's still not working. This is ridiculous. Lollipoop and now this? Bad release.
    04-29-2017 07:36 PM
    I have had exactly the same problems. I have an HTC one m9. I have been reading through the thread and would like to thank the people that suggested about turning off power saver mode. Its just worked and notifications are coming through. HTC need to sort this bug out immediately
    05-11-2017 09:35 PM
    I have had exactly the same problems. I have an HTC one m9. I have been reading through the thread and would like to thank the people that suggested about turning off power saver mode. Its just worked and notifications are coming through. HTC need to sort this bug out immediately
    I don't think thats a bug. Power saving mode is meant to turn off notifications to save power....
    05-12-2017 07:31 AM
    Hi all! I had the same problem as all the people in the forums described. I did all the things I red and for me the only thing that worked is that I deleted the app data from google play SERVICES! tried all the fixes I saw on bunch of forums but they did not work for me. I'm using HTC One A9 and had the same problem after the nougat update. tried to delete data from google play store, tried all the other things but only that one fixed my problem.

have a nice one!

cheerz
    05-15-2017 05:58 AM
56 123