Problems after Nougat update (HTC 10)

redtodd78

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Like some others, I've been having the following problems since the Nougat update:

--gmail not syncing
--location/weather services not working
--battery life seems worse (I'd estimate about 20-25% worse)
--and inexplicably, I'm having intermittent trouble receiving calls. I've lived at my current location about 7 months and this was never an issue.

I'm in Louisiana, USA and am a Sprint customer. Bugs aren't unheard of, but I had expected a patch by now (2+ weeks since update). I guess a factory restore is in order for me, but open to ideas. Thanks.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Like some others, I've been having the following problems since the Nougat update:

--gmail not syncing
--location/weather services not working
--battery life seems worse (I'd estimate about 20-25% worse)
--and inexplicably, I'm having intermittent trouble receiving calls. I've lived at my current location about 7 months and this was never an issue.

I'm in Louisiana, USA and am a Sprint customer. Bugs aren't unheard of, but I had expected a patch by now (2+ weeks since update). I guess a factory restore is in order for me, but open to ideas. Thanks.

I'm guessing a reset will fix your issues. I'm on Sprint up in Wisconsin and have had none of those issues. My battery took about a week to stabilize, but now it's better than before. The only issues I've had are Playstore had a little trouble opening, and that seems corrected, and Google Photos has had a little trouble deleting photos. I'm sure an app update will fix that.

mikesmifff

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
hi there, after Nougat update on an HTC one M9, Gmail app, tomtom go and google play store would not load.
I found that going to Settings | Accounts and 'removing' my google account worked and all sync was restored.
I say 'removing' because the account was not actually removed despite several attempts - !

Ian M H

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
My HTC 10 (in the UK, on Three) has all of a sudden become rubbish on battery usage also

I had not initially considered it was the same time as the Nougat upgrade, but seeing this thread makes me think maybe it was

No problem with anything else and I'm not keen to try a factory reset as it doesn't seem to have been effective for anyone else

I've tried with and without power saver enabled, doesn't seem to make any difference

Biggest user of battery are:

Android O/S 44%
Screen 14%
Android System 9%

Screen I'm not too surprised by, but 53% on Android?!?

tim_hobbs

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
My HTC 10 (in the UK, on Three) has all of a sudden become rubbish on battery usage also

I had not initially considered it was the same time as the Nougat upgrade, but seeing this thread makes me think maybe it was

No problem with anything else and I'm not keen to try a factory reset as it doesn't seem to have been effective for anyone else

I've tried with and without power saver enabled, doesn't seem to make any difference

Android O/S 44%
Screen 14%
Android System 9%

Something is keeping your phone awake. Is WiFi and Bluetooth scanning on ( location settings ) ?

JonnyB1685

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site

Android O/S 44%
Screen 14%
Android System 9%

I have had the same issue for the last 3 weeks since updating to 7.0. I've tried clearing the cache, factory reset and all suggestions about app permissions and location settings I've found on various forums. Nothing has worked.
Anyone else had these issue's and found a fix?

Ian M H

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I've been making sure I switch of wifi when I'm commuting and bluetooth is off when I'm not using my headphones

I may have to try the factory reset after all, I fear

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Turning off the power saver mode is the only solution, unfortunately.

I can not understand how a global company release an update that affects who knows how many devices and users all over the world without making sure everything is Ok. Htc has messed up big time.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Turning off the power saver mode is the only solution, unfortunately.

I can not understand how a global company release an update that affects who knows how many devices and users all over the world without making sure everything is Ok. Htc has messed up big time.

It's not an HTC issue, Samsung and other brands have similar issues. There are so many variables. The actual number of phones with any problems after the Nougat update is actually small. Everyone has different apps download, which usually causes more issues than the actual update, with compatibility and cache issues. Everyone uses their phone differently... I keep everything except NFC on all of the time with full brightness on my screen and get good battery life as well as good performance. I had a couple very small app related bugs after the update and they are gone. I couldn't be happier with my phone.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
It's not an HTC issue, Samsung and other brands have similar issues. There are so many variables. The actual number of phones with any problems after the Nougat update is actually small. Everyone has different apps download, which usually causes more issues than the actual update, with compatibility and cache issues. Everyone uses their phone differently... I keep everything except NFC on all of the time with full brightness on my screen and get good battery life as well as good performance. I had a couple very small app related bugs after the update and they are gone. I couldn't be happier with my phone.
Noticed you said you have full brightness which I never do because I get poor battery if I do this. Just curious on average how much SOT do you get with full brightness? For the record I airways have my phone set to low brightness and average about 5 hours SOT.

tim_hobbs

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Nope, I've been making sure I switch of wifi when I'm commuting and bluetooth is off when I'm not using my headphones

I may have to try the factory reset after all, I fear
WiFi and Bluetooth will continue to scan if the setting in location is on even when turned off. Have you checked that ?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Noticed you said you have full brightness which I never do because I get poor battery if I do this. Just curious on average how much SOT do you get with full brightness? For the record I airways have my phone set to low brightness and average about 5 hours SOT.
I really don't know my screen on time.I really don't care as long as my phone works and lasts all day...The only time my battery drains is if I'm in poor service or roaming. When I'm home on wifi I easily get 24 hours on a charge with moderate usage. I also keep quick chargers in my car and in my computer bag for work. If I'm in poor service, I charge it, which ends up usually at the 14-16 hour mark. Looking for service really drains the battery...

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
The only major thing I noticed after the update is that it closes all but 5 apps after some time of non-use. I can open as many as needed, but overnight or after a few hours, I will open the phone and only 5 apps are there. I used to be able to keep all the apps open and did not really lose anything with the battery. I have been trying to understand if there is some setting to get this back. I do not have battery saver on, nor did I before. I am not sure if this is now a fixed thing, which is very annoying.
Each time I have to search for the app on my phone.
Also the "Clear All" button is much bigger and in the way. I have to be careful not to hit it.
HTC10/Sprint in United States.
Thanks.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
047f5fbb02517d234bf84c1d62236ad1.jpg

This what my clear all button looks like. Mine does not clear any apps. There are 10 open in this picture.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I can open as many as I want, but after a few hours or overnight all but 5 are closed. Before the update it never closed any apps. If I had 20 open, it left 20 open. I wish I could find some setting to change it back to not closing all but 5 apps.
Also the Clear All button was much smaller before the update.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine never closes any after any amount of time. We have the same phone on the same network. Is there any apps on your phone "cleaning up" memory (by closing apps). It is not the update. It is something on or with your phone. Last resort would be a complete reset.

Albert752k2

Banned
Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue with blank screens on multiple apps including play store. I cleared the Google Play services data and everything came back to normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek