04-19-2017 06:43 PM
49 12
tools
    Has anyone else tried NFC? My earpiece and phone have NFC so it should work, I am unable to get the 10 to connect via NFC. Has anyone else used NFC successfully?
    03-01-2017 01:51 PM
    Has anyone else tried NFC? My earpiece and phone have NFC so it should work, I am unable to get the 10 to connect via NFC. Has anyone else used NFC successfully?
    Had no idea this was even an option. Never heard of NFC headsets.
    03-01-2017 03:34 PM
    Had no idea this was even an option. Never heard of NFC headsets.
    My Plantronics B5200 Bluetooth earpiece has NFC also so I thought it might at least be a part solution for while im in the car. So glad I spent all this money on an earpiece for my phone, lost it, replaced it and now it wont work. Almost as good as the new blue ray player i bought that my phone would cast to until the next version of Android showed up and it wouldnt work anymore. I had to now buy a chromecast! I give up.
    03-01-2017 07:42 PM
    I have a Sprint HTC 10 and just updated to Nougat. I've had absolutely no bluetooth problems before or after the update. I use my Blueant Q3i constantly. It works and sounds great. I rarely ever switch bluetooth off, but do occasionally. I just took my phone to Mexico, switching in and out of airplane mode and not using BT for a week. Back and working normally.
    03-01-2017 08:47 PM
    I was just on the line with Verizon for another problem and mentioned the bluetooth issue. She recorded it to the log and mentioned that if more people report the issue the likelihood of it being looked at and resolved sooner is greater. If you have this issue and are on Verizon please take a minute to give them a call. They make it impossible to find their phone number but I dont give up easily so here it is LOL 1-800-922-0204. Thanks in advance.
    henrykrinkle likes this.
    03-06-2017 05:07 PM
    Hope you also tore into them for being dead last to roll out Nougat for the 10!! 😉
    03-06-2017 05:47 PM
    Hope you also tore into them for being dead last to roll out Nougat for the 10!!
    I sure did. I asked her to "perk it upstairs".
    03-06-2017 06:01 PM
    I've yet to try this in my car but here's a possible fix (found in comments regarding the issue on the Pixel). I just got a new replacement phone yesterday (for a different issue) so I'm starting from a clean slate. I'll report back later:

"Like someone posted before, remove the Bluetooth apps from Battery Optimization and the issue got fixed for me. Earlier I had to restart Bluetooth on my Pixel XL almost every other time I wanted to connect it with the car.

Settings->Battery->Battery Optimization->All Apps --select Bluetooth and Bluetooth Share and Bluetooth MIDI Service -- set to not optimize."
    03-09-2017 10:32 AM
    I tried that optimization trick, and it didn't seem to help
    henrykrinkle likes this.
    03-09-2017 10:49 AM
    Damn. I'll let you know if I have any luck with it.
    03-09-2017 11:09 AM
    I tried that optimization trick, and it didn't seem to help
    Nope. Didn't work for me either.
    03-09-2017 02:48 PM
    Unfortunately, the only way to connect for phone calls is to clear the data for system app called Bluetooth Share. It's a real pita, but no choice for the moment
    03-09-2017 02:53 PM
    Unfortunately, the only way to connect for phone calls is to clear the data for system app called Bluetooth Share. It's a real pita, but no choice for the moment
    Clear data and cache or just data?
    03-09-2017 07:03 PM
    Clear data and cache or just data?
    I just clear data and it resets. Don't think cache makes any difference
    03-09-2017 07:04 PM
    This problem seemed to come up for me when the Google Assistant update hit my phone.

Try this.. It worked for me and my bluetooth works normally.

Go to the phone settings app>search for "Bluetooth scanning" and turn it OFF.

Turn on Bluetooth, go into your devices settings, and check if you can Toggle the "phone audio" profile.

Hopefully this works for you.
    03-18-2017 06:47 AM
    This problem seemed to come up for me when the Google Assistant update hit my phone.

Turn on Bluetooth, go into your devices settings, and check if you can Toggle the "phone audio" profile.

Holy crap! This looks like it works. I'll see if phone audio stays on after I connect and disconnect one of my headsets. I don't know how you thought of doing this, but it's brilliant!
    03-18-2017 09:20 AM

WOW! It does seem to work. Im not sure about this part. where is it?

" check if you can Toggle the "phone audio" profile. "

Did you mean can we go from using the bluetooth/speaker/phone from the dialer? Because now I can.

NOTE: When I did as above and turned on the bluetooth on the phone but did not have a bluetooth device turned on the phone froze on that screen and i could get nothing to work, no power buttons to turn off, nothing until I turned on the bluetooth earpiece.
    03-18-2017 02:21 PM
    To get to the phone audio setting above, do this...
    1.Turn on Bluetooth
    2.Go to the list of devices you've paired
    3.Click the setting wheel next to one.
    You should see two checkboxes, one for media and one for phone audio

Once I turned off the "Bluetooth scanning" they were both checked, which is what I want!
    03-18-2017 02:29 PM
    To get to the phone audio setting above, do this...
    1.Turn on Bluetooth
    2.Go to the list of devices you've paired
    3.Click the setting wheel next to one.
    You should see two checkboxes, one for media and one for phone audio

Once I turned off the "Bluetooth scanning" they were both checked, which is what I want!
    Awesome, glad it worked for you as well!
    msc830 likes this.
    03-18-2017 02:39 PM
    Worked for me as well. Thanks for figuring this out and posting. It was driving me nuts.
    03-21-2017 01:55 PM
    I sure did. I asked her to "perk it upstairs".
    Finally!!! Mine is almost done updating the apps on my phone and Nougat will be installed. Of course, it's only 7.0, but better than nothing, I suppose. Now to see what got messed up! LOL!!!
    TBoltJ likes this.
    03-30-2017 12:08 PM
    Finally!!! Mine is almost done updating the apps on my phone and Nougat will be installed. Of course, it's only 7.0, but better than nothing, I suppose. Now to see what got messed up! LOL!!!
    Im not updating until I have your opinion
    03-30-2017 09:11 PM
    Im not updating until I have your opinion
    Well, at first, I wasn't able to get into anything Google. No Gmail, no Play Store. Couldn't sync anything. Took me two hours of searching for a solution. I cleared the dalvik cache, then cleared the data to Google Play Services and Google Play Store. I restarted again, and got in once I agreed to the Google terms and conditions. Other than that, pretty smooth. I've heard it's best not to use the data saver feature, which is fine by me. Love customization of the quick settings and the tiles. Erased a bunch of useless stuff and put what I want up there! Split screen is cool. Other than that, still messing with it
    TBoltJ likes this.
    03-30-2017 10:03 PM
    Mgteggy01

You Rock!
    04-19-2017 06:43 PM
49 12