Any way to test if my NFC reader is working properly?

Cyber Akuma

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the NFC reader on my phone might not be working. I tried scanning some NFC toys on it, and no matter where I placed them all over the back and front of the phone, absolutely nothing happened. NFC IS on and enabled, but I get no response.

Is there any way I can check to see if the NFC hardware in my phone is working properly? Or has anyone else had this issue?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Go to McDonalds and try to pay for something.
Do you have a case on your phone? Any thin case will be fine but an otterbox or thick case will possibly make it not work.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried with my earpiece which has NFC and I had no luck either. According to the doc I was in the right spot too.

Capture5.JPG

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I posted in another thread that HTC told me my motherboard needs to be replaced so it's going in for repair.....I can send a photo when I choose Android Beam, but cannot send contacts, read NFC tags, etc. The tags it just beeps continuously as if the phone is flatline.

Try sending a contact or pic to someone who has an android device or even at a store. Make a dummy contact and send it to the demo model.