No more picture 'GALLERY' on the 10??

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
On my M9, I had a 'Gallery' that all of my pictures, screenshots, camera pics, etc were saved to.
Now it seems that they are all saved to 'PHOTOS', which is Google online??

Any way to get a gallery back like the M9 had so everything is in 1 place again?

I am waiting on my SD card so I can install that. Will that be my answer?

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Photos is the gallery... The online storage is optional... And it does separate them into albums the same way htc gallery does, u just have to click on the albums tab, the default screen for photos is a view all screen.

But to answer your question, the only way to get HTC gallery on the 10 is to sideload it, u can find the apk on apkmirror or by googling it

plkyduk

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I side loaded Gallery to my 10 about 9 months ago since I was more comfortable with it than google photos. I loved gallery on my M7. The only problem I have had is that the editing features don't work. You can edit the photo but it won't let you save it after. I save all photos to my memory card, so not sure if that is the problem. I haven't tried saving to my phone storage to see if that works or not but I just edit in Photo when I need to. BTW, even more than Gallery I loved the music player from my M7. I side loaded it as well but could never get it to work. It's a shame, there were some really cool features in it. The digitizer and the lyrics were neat to have access to.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I side loaded Gallery to my 10 about 9 months ago since I was more comfortable with it than google photos. I loved gallery on my M7. The only problem I have had is that the editing features don't work. You can edit the photo but it won't let you save it after. I save all photos to my memory card, so not sure if that is the problem. I haven't tried saving to my phone storage to see if that works or not but I just edit in Photo when I need to. BTW, even more than Gallery I loved the music player from my M7. I side loaded it as well but could never get it to work. It's a shame, there were some really cool features in it. The digitizer and the lyrics were neat to have access to.

I was in the same boat and still use gallery to view pictures. Google Photo has gotten really good at editing, and I actually prefer it now. I'm getting really great results and I also really enjoy the automatic upload and back up. It's really cool to be able to see and edit my pictures almost instantly on my laptop. The only thing it doesn't do is the face swap thing....It's really just a matter of getting used to a new app for me....

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
When you talk about side loading, are you talking about downloading it as an apk? I'm not really familiar about how those work.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you're having so many issues. I don't remember any tricks. I have both on mine and they work fine, although I prefer Google Photos now and have found other music players that I like about the same....The only issue I have with Gallery is, because I have my SD card formatted as removable storage, it can't save any edits, which Google does better anyways. If you're SD card is formatted as adoptable storage, it should work normally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21