Verizon 10 getting Nougat March 30...

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
... according to Android Police. Looking forward to the (delayed) update but I'm facing a dilemma, supposedly 7 breaks the compatibility of many email clients with Exchange Server...not sure how I'm going to get my corporate email situation sorted...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
... according to Android Police. Looking forward to the (delayed) update but I'm facing a dilemma, supposedly 7 breaks the compatibility of many email clients with Exchange Server...not sure how I'm going to get my corporate email situation sorted...

Supposedly? Which ones?

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly? Which ones?

Our IT Dept is a bit...backwards and they mandate Touchdown, which apparently does not work with Nougat, at least with the way our Exchange Server is set up... something to do with security certificates. Several have found that some native clients (HTC, Samsung) don't work either. The only one they've found to work is... wait for it...Outlook for Android, which supposedly works by "bypassing Android's security protocols."

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Ha, RIGHT as I switch to OP3T. This happens every time I switch. Glad to not even be on Verizon anymore.

But at least I still have my broken 10. Gonna send it in and then update it.

Tinostre

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So far my phone runs much smoother & is more responsive. Only been using it for a few minutes. I can even type faster!

Last edited:

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
So far, Nougat is great after just a little time playing with it. The obvious disappointment here is the January 1 security patch. Not sure if that's a Verizon or HTC issue.

But otherwise my phone is super snappy and still feels like a new phone

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Download finished AOK second time.

Applying update, restart, optimizing apps and time to completion notice took took 25 minutes. Not bad!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Curious if you are installing on a freshly factory reset phone to minimize any possible issues or just letting it do it's thing. I'll be installing later but will do a factory reset prior. My 10 needs a good cleaning out anyway.