Unable to Access the Phone- Voice only

Rasha Ahmad

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I cannot access my HTC 10 because the keyboard is not showing. all I get is the "tap to speak" window of google with the settings icon to the left which I cannot access! I tried to restart many times, tried safe mode, delete cache non of them worked. Is there a way to solve the problem without loosing my data? thanks a lot!!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked settings to see what's in your kb file? Have you tried going to the playstore for a different KB? You should be able to access it thru your apps one way or the other. I have the app grid icon that when pressed gives me the playstore icon at the upper right. Then hit the mike icon and do a search by voice. Last resort factory reset. If this has been happening since the "N" update a full reset is always a good idea after that anyway.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I cannot access my HTC 10 because the keyboard is not showing. all I get is the "tap to speak" window of google with the settings icon to the left which I cannot access! I tried to restart many times, tried safe mode, delete cache non of them worked. Is there a way to solve the problem without loosing my data? thanks a lot!!

Go into settings, language & keyboard then virtual keyboard and make sure you have a keyboard installed and turned on. Just turned mine off and checked and it does exactly what you described.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63