unlocked phone, forgot password, did factory reset, but, password still required. Why?

amazedbb

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked phone.

I forgot my password and applied a factory reset by holding the down volume and then pressing power for 2-3 seconds. I see the menu for FACTORY RESET and it restarts and comes to another menu which isn't mentioned in other websites that I searched on how to factory reset my phone.

The menu listings are:
reboot system now
install zip from sdcard
wipe
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced
power off
go back.

Advanced offers:
Reboot recovery
Reboot Bootloader
Report error
Key Test
Show Log
Partition SD card
Fix Permissions

I tried reboot system now and power off, but, when it restarts, my password is still requested and so I still can't get into my phone.

Which selection should I select to get into my phone and set it up again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually, a factory reset should get rid of the password--along with all other data on the phone. True, it may allow a thief to use the phone, but it still protects your data since the factory reset wipes the phone. If you report the phone as lost or stolen, then the carrier will blacklist the phone, and the thief wouldn't be able to use it as a phone anyway, even after a factory reset.

I think the issue is that you only selected Reboot System Now, which is not the same as a Factory Reset. After you selected the Factory Reset option, did it show any sign that it was wiping the phone, or did it go to that other menu pretty quickly? If so, then select the "wipe" option in that menu first--once that's done, then select Reboot System Now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007