What's the BEST ROM for htc Aria?

cpu2

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Go to the HTC aria section in xda

Under development there is a android 4.0.4 port by munjeni that almost has zero lag.

I'm using it right now

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Cyanogenmod 9 (ice cram sandwich aka android 4) is by far the best rom ive ever used. Easy to use, great graphic display, its super fast, no lag or bugs(that i experienced) id highly suggest it

Sent from my MB612 using Android Central Forums

edebuhr

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Wantabe:
With the Liberated ROM, do you still get all the functionality of the original 2.2.2 as far as customizing the wall papers and such? Do you gain more space with all the AT&T bloat removed? What all is left from the original ROM? also, any issues you have had would be nice to know going in.

CPU2 and sgirard1991:
On the ICS release for this ROM, what do the screens look like? Do you still have the big phone button on the bottom?

I'm asking as I'm new to ROM's on droid. Went back to my Aria because Focus Flash running win7.5 locked up more than any other release of windows.

Some links to the ROM'S would be nice too.

Thanks again
E

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
With any custom rom you will get much more customization features. I will go grab the link to the ics rom and try to find a few screenshots(if i still have them)
Unfortunately i cant use my aria anymore so i cant just get on there and take some.

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Check out this page. It says liberty, but if you didnt already know, liberty is a second name for the htc aria.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1588599

They have screenshots, along with download links and instructions to install.

Also youre going to want to get a copy of gapps and flash that over as well, since theyre not included in the rom itself due to google owning them, legal issues bla bla bla

wantabe

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I had absolutely no problems with Liberated 2.2.2, everything worked and you gain sideloading, usb/wifi tethering and trackpad wake (which I really, really miss now), you lose absolutely no functionality over stock! I was also using SetCpu with this rom to overclock to I think 768mhz or 806mhz, I would change it back and forth. Yes, you do gain more space but gaining space in the internal storage really does not do you any good as far as having room to download apps. You can put apps into system/app with root explorer to take advantage of some of that space, I did. Get a good class 10 memory card. "What all is left from the original ROM?" Liberated 2.2.2 is basically a cleaned-up (de-bloated), tweaked version of the stock rom. Issues? I had none, zero! Seriously! If you decide to give it a try and have any questions let me know!

edebuhr

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. So which version of the ICS, new or old?
Also, is the original link to Liberated 2.2.2 for the most stable version?
I see the google apps link, but do you need the *.git files too?

Really appreciate the help. The ICS release looks pretty cool.

Also, whats you do the ROM install, do you remove the .zip file when your done?

Will down load ROM tomorrow and install, just have to decide which one.......
Maybe both?

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Get the newest vesion on there. And gapps should be a zip file just like the rom, and u flash gapps using the same process thru clockworkmod recovey(just obviously skip the wipe/factory reset step or u will remove the rom)

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
And yes, if u want u can delete the zip. Personally i like to hang onto all those kinds of files just in case i run into any problems so i can quick re-flash it.

And give em both a try, mess around with them and figure out which one best suits ur needs/wants.

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Xda-develope forums & theunlockr.com have very nice guides on how to flash everything, along with what precautions u should take, etc.
Just remember, before flashing a new rom, always always always make a backup of what u have now, just incase.

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
U do have a custom recovery, correct?
If not then step one before u do anything else would be head over to xda-developers and check out the thread on how to install clockworkmod recovery.

edebuhr

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Already rooted the phone using their guide and Revolutionary as I have Froyo 2.2.2 OTA update.

Thanks for the assist really appreciate it

edebuhr

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Works great and fast too. Do notifications appear on the mail icons when new mail or messages come in?
Just working through all of the menus finding where everything is hiding.
Think I'm sold in ICS....
Know if a Chrome port is out there for this yet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan