Let's talk upgrade!!

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks,

Rapidly approaching my device upgrade date. I can't say that I hate my Aria, because my Aria was my first android phone and really brought me into the modern era (last phone was Palm Treo 680). So, let's just say that the Aria no longer meets my needs and I am eager to find something that does.

Is anyone else in the same boat? If so, let's bounce around some ideas? What are your thoughts about what device should be next? Are you going with a crop of phones currently available like a GSII or Skyrocket, or are you holding out for one of these devices you are seeing at MWC.

For me, I think I would be very happy with the GSII, especially at the current upgrade price. However, there is a little nagging feeling in the back of my head that I need to get as good of a phone as I can right now so it won't be as out of date 18 months from now like my Aria is. Not that a GSII isn't a good phone, it's just that there are newer phones coming out all the time. However, can I wait long enough for the OneX to be released, and released at price that I can afford (don't think I can justify $300 for a phone)? It may be 6 months or more before the price drops to affordable levels.

So, just thought I would bounce some ideas out there and see what strategies people were considering.

MirandaDee

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I too am looking to upgrade from my Aria. I love it - but I just ask it to do too much!
• It's so sleek,
•?and I like the size (though I'm sure I could get accustomed to a bigger screen),
•?but the processor is lagging
•?and a forward facing camera would be an awesome addition.
•?Also, the signal is poor compared to my husband's phone.

intelligentfellow

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
If anyone ever finds an actually comparable phone spread the word! The phones now-a-days are as big as a shoe. Looking for something that is as sleek and understated as the Aria. The whole *phone* fits on just the screen of the S2/S3 etc. Which I bought, but just cannot get past this huge size. Looking for a small, capable phone, not a pocket tablet. Hopefully the pendulum will swing back when people realize that at least for phone screens, bigger is definitely *not* better.