Free Aria with Upgrade or New Contract

potheadhero

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I just found out that Wirefly is giving the HTC Aria away with a new contract or upgrade. I cant see the website because I am at work but other sites are now mentioning it so go check it out if you are interested. :cool:

no driver

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I figured I would have to wait a few months for it to be free on contract, and it looks like I can upgrade to Arias for myself and my wife free while sticking with the same level of minutes etc that we currently have.

I know wirefly has an ETF like fee that kicks in if you don't maintain a certain level of service plan, but I don't imagine that being too much of a problem since we've had this plan for over 2 years on our w580i's, which we also got through wirefly a few years back.

Are there any other catches to this offer? Anything else I should know?

I haven't actually held one of these phones yet, and my wife needs to see one too before we order, but I'm doing my homework.

potheadhero

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I figured I would have to wait a few months for it to be free on contract, and it looks like I can upgrade to Arias for myself and my wife free while sticking with the same level of minutes etc that we currently have.

I know wirefly has an ETF like fee that kicks in if you don't maintain a certain level of service plan, but I don't imagine that being too much of a problem since we've had this plan for over 2 years on our w580i's, which we also got through wirefly a few years back.

Are there any other catches to this offer? Anything else I should know?

I haven't actually held one of these phones yet, and my wife needs to see one too before we order, but I'm doing my homework.

I havent had much of a chance to do any research since I am at work and wirefly is one of the websites that is blocked. I just figured I would help out whoever was curious in getting a free Aria. If anything I can always look into it a little more when I am home later on this evening and I will let you know. I wouldnt mind a free Aria either.

slwilliamssr

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I ordered my arias for my wife, our kid and my self, we got the first two phones for free and paid $79.99 for the 3rd phone. I ordered them on the 22nd and we got them on the 25th using the free shipping. I just had to renew my contract for two years.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I ordered my arias for my wife, our kid and my self, we got the first two phones for free and paid $79.99 for the 3rd phone. I ordered them on the 22nd and we got them on the 25th using the free shipping. I just had to renew my contract for two years.

Where did you order them from? Do they allow you to keep your old plan? What if someone has a FAN discount? Can I get only 1 Aria even if I have 2 lines on a family plan? Sorry so many questions.

slwilliamssr

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from Free Cell Phones with New Cell Phone Plans - Shop Deals from Wireless Carriers - Wirefly.com Yes I could have ordered just one phone, I needed 3. I was able to keep my old plan just as I had it before. I just renewed my contract for two years to get the phone for free. I'm not sure what a fan discount is sorry. The only thing is you have to learn to say no alot. They will try and sell you all kinds of stuff, cases, insurance, screen protectors, car chargers, ect.

Only draw back is you can't downgrade your services for the first 181 days or you will have to give them $300 dollars. Other then that you can get the phone/s for free.

REDDEVILVS AKA GLEN

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Im Glen new to this Forum and soon to be new To HTC Aria and Android OS...........
I was very surprised to see the FREE offer with Wirefly and also saw the same offer with Letstalk.com. Not sure which site may be better to order from but I think I will go with Wirefly since others members have had success with them. Thanks !

nmontic

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Dell.com also has this same deal. The interface is the same and wirefly, so I think Dell might just use them, but Dell Customer Service is much better.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Only draw back is you can't downgrade your services for the first 181 days or you will have to give them $300 dollars. Other then that you can get the phone/s for free.

Where do you see this? I was talking with AT&T today and they said I could downgrade at anytime without penalty.

Nevermind. I see it. Man, what sneekiness.

Last edited:

REDDEVILVS

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was told they wont match it in store..neither will Walmart.com match .com deals................I ordered 2 days ago via Wirefly and it seemed like a very good , Prof. site to order from !!

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Only thing you have to watch with wirefly is that you can not make any changes to your account for 181 days or they will charge you $300. And since they do not have every rate plan that can be a problem for some.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just called Wirefly and the Aria is free only on the primary line. If upgrading any other line it will cost $80. Also, you must select from the plans they have listed. I have a Family plan for $59.99 w/ 550 minutes and would not be able to keep it. I would have to choose one from their list which the lowest was $69.99. So it would cost me $10 more per month. They did say that I could switch back to my old plan after 181 days. It looks like all these third party places that offer the phone for free will be the same.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just called Wirefly and the Aria is free only on the primary line. If upgrading any other line it will cost $80. Also, you must select from the plans they have listed. I have a Family plan for $59.99 w/ 550 minutes and would not be able to keep it. I would have to choose one from their list which the lowest was $69.99. So it would cost me $10 more per month. They did say that I could switch back to my old plan after 181 days. It looks like all these third party places that offer the phone for free will be the same.

Looks like for new plans, you can get the $59.99 w/ 550 minutes plan, as well as more than one Aria for free.

Also, looks like wirefly is having a Bing Cashback promotion where you get $80 per new phone purchase if you follow the instructions for the promotion.

hotfire

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got my aria from wirefly and am very happy with the service. Signed a new contract with AT&T and all went well. Got here in 2 days so it was fast. The only draw back is the 181 day thing where you cant downgrade any services or use the phone on another line of service but that wont be happening because I am happy with my purchase.

WireflyJeff

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got my aria from wirefly and am very happy with the service. Signed a new contract with AT&T and all went well. Got here in 2 days so it was fast. The only draw back is the 181 day thing where you cant downgrade any services or use the phone on another line of service but that wont be happening because I am happy with my purchase.

Happy to hear that you had a good experience, hotfire. We do our best to ensure 100% satisfaction. It's now always easy.

And, yes, you nailed it, the only "drawback" is the 181-day requirement, which isn't really a big deal considering the savings we offer. The vast majority of people don't downgrade their rate plans or features, unless they grossly overestimated the amount of minutes and data they use at the time of purchase.

If you need anything, be sure to post or PM me, and I'll be happy to help out.

Best wishes,
WireflyJeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37